New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The MacBook has a disk drive, doesn't it? The MacBook Air doesn't though. I am unimpressed with the Air.

Yes, the MacBook does as well. I have no idea why the Air is popular for anyone, but that's cool, I guess.

The regular MacBook does have a disk drive.

Fedex dropped off a package today. My MacBook Pro is here, and it is awesome. :drool:

And currently installing almost a gig's worth of software updates, so I'm stuck using my Mini until it's done. Woe is me! :wink:

Hah, awesome. Are you gonna get an external hard drive?

I have 2. A 200GB for my photos, and a 500GB for backup. Eventually I'll need to swap the 200GB for something bigger...I'm down to 50GB left on that one.

I have 2. A 200GB for my photos, and a 500GB for backup. Eventually I'll need to swap the 200GB for something bigger...I'm down to 50GB left on that one.

Oh, nice.

I'm using a 500 GB for my video editing/storage, and I've got about 350 left. Western Digital, I love you.

121502-top_400.jpg

FINALLY!

"Engadget and Gizmodo have posted the invite for the Apple media event which will take place on October 14th at Apple's campus in Cupertino at 10AM PST. The invite simply reads:
The spotlight turns to notebooks.

Apple has been rumored to be delivering new MacBooks and new MacBook Pros this month. A number of leaked photos have been circulating -- some of which are believed to be real. "

YES!:hyper:

121502-top_400.jpg

FINALLY!

"Engadget and Gizmodo have posted the invite for the Apple media event which will take place on October 14th at Apple's campus in Cupertino at 10AM PST. The invite simply reads:
The spotlight turns to notebooks.

Apple has been rumored to be delivering new MacBooks and new MacBook Pros this month. A number of leaked photos have been circulating -- some of which are believed to be real. "

YES!:hyper:

AT FRICKIN LAST! :hyper::yippie:

I've been waiting for this since early this year!!!

I just maxed my MBP out to 4GB ram. For $68 bucks, instead of the $200 Apple wants for RAM. So much nicer when working with big photoshop files. :up:

I'll be interested to see what comes along with the new Macbook/Pro lines, but I think I'm going to be happy with mine for quite some time.

Yep, did it myself. It's pretty easy. Pop out the battery, unscrew a little metal cover, and voila. You just need a tiny philips screwdriver to get those screws out (I used a swiss army knife... :shh: ). I got it from www.crucial.com.

So they announced them.

Apple

Pretty sleek - and lots of great new features - the Macbooks especially got a huge step up in overall value. However, the glossy screens are a big turnoff for me - too many unwanted reflections (which is especially annoying for photo editing...). I'm happy with mine. :)

Other than the fancy mousepad, glossy screen and new casing, what are the new features? I didn't notice anything worth the upgrade in price. The MacBook actually came down $100 is still faster than the low end New MacBook. I might just go with a while MacBook. The new features do nothing for me - though the casing is kinda nice.

The biggest improvement to me is the graphics card. 5x faster performance, plus the ability to use the notebook screen plus an external monitor at the same time is a significant step up. Better keyboard, better trackpad with multitouch/gestures (makes trackpads soooo much nicer to use), sturdier enclosure, and the 2.4ghz model even has the illuminating keyboard of the Pros. It's really become a baby MacBook Pro now.

Shame they had to go with glass screens across the board though. It looks very sleek, but it really is a pain in the ass for critical editing work. Unless you buy a hood for it.

They're already out in Holland! :hyper: Next week my rents are on holidays so I'll get mine prolly the week after, since they have a credit card that instantly insures stuff you buy with it for 2 years!

Wow it looks good! :drool:

I know. :drool: I won't need a new one for quite a while though. :wink:

They're already out in Holland! :hyper: Next week my rents are on holidays so I'll get mine prolly the week after, since they have a credit card that instantly insures stuff you buy with it for 2 years!

Yay. Excited for you. :hyper::hug:

I think I'm going to switch to mac and get my hands on one of those babies soon.. :hmm:

:applaud: Yay Kaf. Mac = :drool: I'm so happy with mine. :D:heart:

Glossy screens are made directly by the Devil himself, but the new re-design looks sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom