New Apple product/updates - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #481
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:15 AM
I hate how Apple is tying the functionality of the new Nanos (FM radio) and the new shuffles (all the playback controls) to their goddamn proprietary headphones.

So basically, if you buy a new Shuffle and you lose the headphones or they break, you need to shell out for new Apple earphones (overpriced), or the Apple in-Ear buds (very overpriced), or shell out for 3rd party phones that have support for Apple's system.

If you buy a new Nano and you want to use the radio, you have to be using their Apple phones, again.

Total BS.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #482
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:15 AM
Not to mention, Apple's earphones are dreadful (and painful, at least to me) to listen to music on.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:47 PM   #483
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
I hate how Apple is tying the functionality of the new Nanos (FM radio) and the new shuffles (all the playback controls) to their goddamn proprietary headphones.

So basically, if you buy a new Shuffle and you lose the headphones or they break, you need to shell out for new Apple earphones (overpriced), or the Apple in-Ear buds (very overpriced), or shell out for 3rd party phones that have support for Apple's system.

If you buy a new Nano and you want to use the radio, you have to be using their Apple phones, again.

Total BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
Not to mention, Apple's earphones are dreadful (and painful, at least to me) to listen to music on.

I hadn't heard that.

I only like my Jensen clip-to-the-ear rubber headphones (for comfort).

M
Old 10-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #484
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:15 PM
So what does everyone think of the new imacs?

27 inch screen is

also, 3.06 GHz, 1TB hard drive standard in every model except the basic, 4GB Memory, and the new mouse that has multi-touch, flick to scroll etc.

I will be shelling for the bottom 27inch model shortly!
Old 10-31-2009, 10:59 AM   #485
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:15 AM
This is probably the wrong place to ask this as you're probably all biaised but I had to return my work phone as I was transferred to a position that doesn't require one and I'm trying to decide between Iphone and Blackberry. Any comments?
Old 10-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #486
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Got a Blackberry Curve - couldn't pass up the amazing deal and I think it's more suited to my purposes anyway
Old 10-31-2009, 02:29 PM   #487
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post

Total BS.

What? No, not at all. I have the new Nano and use my Sony headphones with them and receive the radio transmission without any problems.
I had asked the guy at Best Buy prior to purchasing if I needed Apple headphones and he said you didn't - I probably wouldn't have bought it, had that been the case.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #488
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladywithspinninghead View Post
What? No, not at all. I have the new Nano and use my Sony headphones with them and receive the radio transmission without any problems.
I had asked the guy at Best Buy prior to purchasing if I needed Apple headphones and he said you didn't - I probably wouldn't have bought it, had that been the case.
Ah okay that's good then. Still, they rely on the controls for the new shuffles to be on the headphone cable, making the unit useless if you don't have a pair around with the inline controls. Retarded, and a choice made only for superficial looks (Steve Jobs hates buttons).
Old 11-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #489
has a

Quote:
This is probably the wrong place to ask this as you're probably all biaised but I had to return my work phone as I was transferred to a position that doesn't require one and I'm trying to decide between Iphone and Blackberry. Any comments?
Quote:
Got a Blackberry Curve - couldn't pass up the amazing deal and I think it's more suited to my purposes anyway
I don't have either one, but my wife and friends all have one or the other of these. The main thing I've noticed by observing everyone using them is that the iPhone tends to take 2 hands for the keyboard/etc. and the Curve is a little easier with one hand.

I know you already made your choice.

I just wanted to post my observations.

Mark
Old 11-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #490
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
I don't have either one, but my wife and friends all have one or the other of these. The main thing I've noticed by observing everyone using them is that the iPhone tends to take 2 hands for the keyboard/etc. and the Curve is a little easier with one hand.

I know you already made your choice.

I just wanted to post my observations.

Mark
Thanks!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #491
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

F'ing A. I updated my iTunes, and now my nano isn't recognized by iTunes at all---it doesn't even show up. WTF.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #492
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Ugh. Had to uninstall & reinstall. Working now. Pain in the butt.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:07 AM   #493
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
F'ing A. I updated my iTunes, and now my nano isn't recognized by iTunes at all---it doesn't even show up. WTF.
Thanks for the heads-up on the iTunes update. The previous update makes it take forever to "command" checkmark and uncheckmark the song boxes.

I should probably try and stay 2 updates behind on iTunes--my only gripe with Apple.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #494
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:15 PM
I have a new laptop ( ) running Windows 7, and I've had to reinstall iTunes twice because sometimes I just can't get it to open! I don't understand it.

So of course right now, I can't open iTunes. Nothing happens when I try and open the program directly, nothing happens when I try and play an MP3, and nothing happens when I plug in my iPod.

Any suggestions?
Old 11-13-2009, 08:46 AM   #495
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I have a new laptop ( ) running Windows 7, and I've had to reinstall iTunes twice because sometimes I just can't get it to open! I don't understand it.

So of course right now, I can't open iTunes. Nothing happens when I try and open the program directly, nothing happens when I try and play an MP3, and nothing happens when I plug in my iPod.

Any suggestions?
1. Return laptop.
2. Buy a MacBook
3. Fix'd.

Tags
apple, ipods, macs