New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phpzEMkJKIMG_03051.JPG

back from meeting!!!

i missed some boring stuff.

but this popped up:

phplViT95IMG_04301.JPG

Video chat with your just-graduated-from-college daughter...

video chat with your buddies away at school...

with your girlfriend lying in bed (uhhh)

:up: to that last one

And price (with normal qualifications, contracts) $199 for 16GB model, same price as 3GS

$299 for 32GB model

if your contract expires anytime in 2010, you are immediately eligible for a new iPhone 4 at the same $199 or $299 prices if you top up your contract for 2 years

---

NO 64GB MODEL??? WTF?!

All I'm going to say is that nothing impressed me with the announcement of the new iphone.....Well except iMovie thats it.

entirely under-wellmed by the new shmiPhone, and not just because it's not coming over to verizon...

just no real "WOW that's pretty damned cool" thing. the video chat is nice, but it's only available on wifi right now... well, i can do that with my computer. heck, i can do it on a ps3. what's the point of being able to do it on my mobile device if i can't be, well, mobile when i do it?

i knew i'd be hopping on the android bandwagon if the iPhone stayed at&t exclusive and was just worrying that the new iPhone would be this super cool unbelievable jump and that i'd be bummed about not having it.

i'm not. nothing they presented today is anything that isn't readily available on other phones. the iMovie might technicaly be a new idea, but it's just an ap and will most certainly be ripped off by other developers and made available on other phones.

i mean shit... one of their big new selling points is that the iPhone will have farmville? well here's a big fat who gives a fuck to that one.

hellooooo droid incredible... how do you do?

yea i'm still on verizon and love the service and don't wanna switch unless completely blone away by a phone.

the motorola droid 2 is supposedly coming out in july... and there's the htc scorpian my new every 2 is up in august.

will see how things shape up, and if all else fails, come the end of june i'll call up verizon threatening that i'm gonna jump ship to at&t to get the iPhone if they don't push up my new every two date.

Go on sale June 24th
preorders start June 15

Spotty Wi-Fi coverage inside the Moscone Center interrupted Jobs' presentation several times. At one point he asked the audience to turn off their Wi-Fi base stations or he wouldn't keep showing demos of the new phone.

can't decide to get that

or go with the new HTC driod

I still have my first gen iPhone, it is working fine.

Dan after all those posts I expect a new PHONE for you this month...no more iPod Touch...:)

Apple attempted to do their demo over Wi-Fi, but as you can see couldn't manage to get things up and running due to overload. So Jobs had to ask everyone in the audience, repeatedly, to shut off their Wi-Fi so the show could go on. A bizarre hiccup for a company in its prime, showing off its latest wares.

It's true that with the rise of Wi-Fi/3G hotspots, the Wi-Fi signal in the hall would probably be unusable. Jobs said over 500 hotspots were emanating from the audience. A real issue, though, is that we should be able to do all of these things over 3G. So when an audience member responds to Steve's requests for suggestions with "Verizon," we laugh because it's funny and we laugh because it's true.

I wonder how badly Jobs wanted to kill that person at that point. :wink:

he'll be banned next time just like gizmodo was banned today

chris - i'm already planning on reserving one on the 15th

in my eyes today marked the beginning of the end for the iPhone's dominance

honestly... changes everything again? it's a fancier version of the same thing, and the one cool new feature can't even be used over at&t's network... and even once they get it running on the network, with at&t's new data plans it wouldn't be financially worthwhile.

i was really hoping for something ground breaking today... NFC communication to trade facebook friends and contacts, make credit card payments via paypass, subway payments... it's all been rumored, even an apple patten for it on file... nowhere to be seen. something like that would have been "changing everything. again." and would have made me jump ship from verizon to get my hands on it.

this? lame. like putting a new bay window on the same old house.

google? are you out there?

what utter crap. the iphone 3gs has more appeal and isn't as fucking ugly as that thing.
so you reckon i should just get an iphone now instead of waiting till i get back from the U S and A for the 4g version?

i heard you can't MMS with iphones either.. is that true? who's that fucking dumb?

so you reckon i should just get an iphone now instead of waiting till i get back from the U S and A for the 4g version?

i heard you can't MMS with iphones either.. is that true? who's that fucking dumb?

if i were in the market for a phone i'd jump straight at the 3gs, although i haven't paid attention to whether or not there will be a price drop on it once the 4g version comes out. there should be.

you can mms with them, i thought - it's just that the only american carrier won't provide that option....right? i can't believe they thought it was a good idea to release it in the first place without that capability. i guess because they knew people would still go right for it.

Fuck 'em. I'm not switching to AT&T for anything. I'll go ahead and use my Christmas money for opera tickets (again) and keep my olde Motorola E15 or whatever it is.

In a more exciting note, my computer at school finally spit out my stuck cd that's been in there for weeks. It just suddenly appeared on the desktop for me to calmly eject this morning. :)

Jobs was most excited when he said the new iPhone was 24% slimmer than what he presented last year, much like himself.

hot damn...farmville coming to iphone!!!!!1

10:20 amFarmville client for iPhone being demonstrated, showing same farm that is played on Facebook.
oh god, if they get happy pets too, i might have to switch.

what's sad is i'm not even being sarcastic. :depressed:

oh well, soon i'll have no data whatsoever on my phone so it's a moot point anyway :lol:

Does anyone have any experience in jailbreaking their iPhone? I'm considering taking the plunge, but need to know what I'm getting into first.

I can MMS with the 3G now that they put out the software download. I have the second generation phone. It was AT&T that was lagging with that feature.

As for the 4g I think it is a lot uglier than the 3g and I probably wont upgrade until my contract is up and only if its cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom