Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #16
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
You know that Macs can run Windows (XP and Vista) natively now, right?

I'm gonna start saving up for a Macbook Pro. Those things are freaking sweet.
I got one about a month ago... no problems so far.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:01 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:10 PM
I'm getting the 15".

Which one do you have LMP?

Old 08-09-2008, 02:52 AM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
You know that Macs can run Windows (XP and Vista) natively now, right?
Yes! there is a program called "VMware Fusion" that lets you execute windows like a virtual machine, so you can use windows software without any problem... it's like Apple making fun of Microsoft I love that

If someone here read my other topic about buying a white Macbook... well, I finally made a decision and got it I learn to love it just a few days
Old 08-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #19
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 04:10 AM
I'm going to use Bootcamp on my macbook(when I buy it ) that makes you able to run both windows and OSX on the same laptop
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 08-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #20
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azor View Post
Yes! there is a program called "VMware Fusion" that lets you execute windows like a virtual machine, so you can use windows software without any problem... it's like Apple making fun of Microsoft I love that

If someone here read my other topic about buying a white Macbook... well, I finally made a decision and got it I learn to love it just a few days
You don't need VMware Fusion anymore. Since Apple switched to the Intel chipsets, you can use their BootCamp software to boot natively into Windows - no virtual running issues with accessing the graphics card or anything like that.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:44 AM   #21
Refugee

Quote:
You don't need VMware Fusion anymore. Since Apple switched to the Intel chipsets, you can use their BootCamp software to boot natively into Windows - no virtual running issues with accessing the graphics card or anything like that.
really??? wow, I suspected it but wasn't really sure
So do you recommend me using bootcamp insted of fusion?? Because I thought it was cool to use windows software "inside" the Mac OS X.
could you explain more about the issues accesing the graphic card using Fusion?? (I haven't used any PC videogames yet). Help me to convince myself please
Old 08-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
So do you recommend me using bootcamp insted of fusion?? Because I thought it was cool to use windows software "inside" the Mac OS X.
could you explain more about the issues accesing the graphic card using Fusion?? (I haven't used any PC videogames yet). Help me to convince myself please
It depends on what you're doing. If you want to play any somewhat graphics intensive games, I'd say use Bootcamp. Then you're actually fully in Windows, not just virtually. But, for just using other Windows programs, Fusion or Parallels, which is another virtual booting program, would do just fine.

Plus, Bootcamp comes free with Leopard, while you'd have to buy those other programs.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Here's the latest;
"iPod Touch and MacBook Updates for September?

A new analyst report from Piper Jaffray claims that Apple's September announcement will reveal a new iPod Touch and new MacBooks.

Analyst Mike Olson predicts that the iPod Touch will be tweaked to resemble Apple's new iPhone 3G and also raises the possibility of price drops and/or capacity increases. Recent Firmware hints have suggested the iPod Touch could see feature upgrades as well. The expectation of a new iPod Touch is also consistent with whispers we've heard.

Olson also points to slimmer MacBooks which could also have newly designed keyboards. This prediction may have been inspired by circulating rumors and photos depicting an aluminum MacBook. Apple has been rumored to be introducing "major design changes" to their notebook computers this fall.

Apple's choice of processors for a new MacBook revision will certainly be Intel's upgraded Penryn processors which were introduced alongside the Montevina platform in July. The latest Intel processors boost processor speeds up to 3.06GHz and also increase bus speeds to 1066MHz (from 800MHz). The new MacBooks will likely also benefit from upgraded integrated graphics with the GMA X4500. The GMA X4500 benchmarks significantly faster than the GMA X3100 found in current MacBooks. While there has been some talk that Apple will migrate to a 3rd party chipset, the implications of such a move remain unclear. "

Old 08-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #24
Galeonbroad

omg 3 gig processor WANT!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 08-18-2008, 11:08 PM   #25
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, I guess it depends on your uses. If you just want to run a few windows (non-graphics intensive) programs while in Mac OS X, then Fusion would work fine - it would allow you to run Windows programs while still using OS X, although I would recommend buying extra RAM so it's not hogging up all the memory when you do.

Bootcamp allows you to run the full Windows operating system, but you have to boot into it, so you can't run both Windows and OS X at the same time. For any programs that need a lot of processing power, this is definitely the way to go.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:10 PM
So, I'm definitely going to be getting either an 80G or 160G iPod Classic within the next few months. What are the prices on them? Also, has anyone heard about the quality of them yet? Are the batteries able to hold a charge as well as the old ones?
Old 09-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Wait until next week when they announce the new iPods on Tuesday, Sept 9th
Old 09-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocksU2 View Post
Wait until next week when they announce the new iPods on Tuesday, Sept 9th
Thanks!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

"Apple Event Confirmed for September 9th: 'Let's Rock'

Apple is expected to release new iPod nanos and a new iPod Touch. While Macbook and MacBook Pro updates are also in the pipeline, we have heard suggestions that those will not see updates until at least October. "
Old 09-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #30
Galeonbroad

October????

Closed Thread

Tags
apple, ipods, macs