New Apple product/updates - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #271
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:44 PM
fuck i'd hate to have an iphone. i love my ipod touch, but as a phone i feel like i'd hate it.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #272
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:44 PM
Haha I need to be able to copy and paste if I'm trying to moderate Interference on my phone. So I'm very

Old 03-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #273
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:44 AM
Remote moderation?

Well thats dedication. I can imagine you putting someone on hold while you do bannings. Possibly of the person on hold.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #274
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo! View Post
Remote moderation?

Well thats dedication. I can imagine you putting someone on hold while you do bannings. Possibly of the person on hold.

Well, I usually only get on there if I've been away from a comp for more than a few hours.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #275
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:44 PM
yet no mms yet for the iphone. hahahaha
Old 03-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #276
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Yeah dont remind me of that.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #277
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:44 AM
so is it a new iphone or just new software for the iphone that's being announced tomorrow?
Old 03-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #278
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Software. I imagine you just download it.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #279
Refugee

3.0 is coming!!!

As promised, Apple just debuted its upcoming iPhone OS 3.0. Much of the news seemed developer-centric, but there are certainly plenty of consumer implications down the road, along with long-awaited functions like copy and paste, A2DP, MMS and universal Spotlight search. Improvements include:

App and developer functionality (more here)
Peer-to-peer connectivity over Bluetooth for gaming and other info-swapping.
Paid apps will have the potential to be subscription fee-based, and can include optional paid content that can be bought from right inside the app.
Developers can now build apps that call out to Google Maps, and can also finally bring Apple-blessed turn-by-turn to the phone.
Devs can also connect with hardware accessories over in their apps now, such as a blood pressure monitor -- or perhaps a keyboard? Connectivity works through the dock connector or over Bluetooth.
Long-promised push functionality will at last be included, but apps won't run in the background.
Developers can add streaming video and audio to their apps, along with in-game voice use.
General functionality
Cut, copy and paste. At last! You can shake the phone to undo and redo the action, and it works with both text and photos, allowing Mail to send multiple photos at a time. (more here)
MMS, along with forward and delete for multiple messages. (more here)
A2DP stereo Bluetooth.
Unlocked Bluetooth functionality on 2G iPod touch. (more here)
Spotlight has been added to a new home screen page to the left of existing pages, allowing for universal search on the phone. (more here)
Tethering is built into 3.0, and Apple will work with carriers on that -- who will have the last say on its implementation, most likely.
App Store will be available in 77 countries.
Parental controls for TV shows, movies and App Store apps.
Auto-login for WiFi hotspots.
Apple apps
A new app called Voice Memos which lets you record notes and reminders.
A revised Stocks app, with news stories and a landscape view.
Landscape view available for Mail, Text and Notes.
CalDAV support has been added to Calendar, along with subscriptions support in the .ics format.
Apple's major apps have all been expanded with search functionality.
Note syncing to Mac and PC.
YouTube account support.
Form auto-fill.
Phishing protection.
Shake the shuffle iPod playback.
A developer beta of OS 3.0 is available today, and the 3.0 update will be coming to consumers this summer as a free update to all iPhone 3G customers. It'll also work for 1st gen iPhone owners, though they won't receive A2DP or MMS due to hardware limitations. iPod touch owners will be able to update for $9.95, just like last time.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #280
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Landscape view available for Mail, Text and Notes.
OMG pleasssssssssse say we can finally text in landscape!!!

Quote:
MMS, along with forward and delete for multiple messages. (more here)
Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Can we get the link to (more here) ???

Quote:
A developer beta of OS 3.0 is available today
Where plz!
Old 03-18-2009, 04:49 AM   #281
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:44 AM
iPhone / iPod Touch software 3.0. Available sometime this summer. Only works on 3G iPhones and 2nd Generation iPod Touches.

Also, the new iPod Shuffle is the biggest piece of shit imaginable and what I think is an indicator that the company has lost its way again and will be in the shitter again in <10 years like it was in the mid-1990s. Who the fuck replaces a simple button control scheme that is the same as every music device anywhere, and instead puts a click-based navigation system into the earbud cord? Hey, want to use, you know, "normal" headphones with your iPod Shuffle? Shit, sorry son you're out of luck because the Shuffle doesn't have any means to control itself on the actual fucking unit
Old 03-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #282
Refugee

iPhone OS 3.0 Will Turn Your Phone Into a Revolutionary Sex Toy - Gizmodo Australia

Quote:
he latest features in the new iPhone OS 3.0 make it a better phone, GPS, gaming and computing platforms. But they also have the potential to turn it into the most perfect sex toy yet.

Dr. Debby Herbenick—author and sex expert—liked our iPhone 3.0 guide so much that she wrote a great phone sex guide inspired by it. Which got me thinking: Can the new OS make the iPhone the best sexual toy ever?

Actually, I think it can. Or at least, it has all the elements to turn it into the most sophisticated sexual machine I can imagine.

Let's start with the basics: First, the new iPhone OS 3.0 adds a rumble application programming interface. Basically, this will allow developers to fine tune the vibration of the iPhone itself. A perfect sexual toy application would be able to store vibration patterns to suit the needs and mood of the user.

But more importantly, it will also receive them wirelessly, in real time: One iPhone running my hypothetical Shiny Shiny Sexual Toy™ would be able to control the other using a simple graphical user interface, over the network.

In this perfect sexual toy application, there will be a list of sexual partners you can play with across the internet. It will also allow to record sessions and also talk using the new Voice Over IP communication at the same time you are playing. Like the games demonstrated yesterday, but for adults.

And that's just the start. Imagine the possibilities of push notifications and Bluetooth peer-to-peer networking: Woman walks into airport lounge with the sexual toy app in "receive mode." Another iPhone sexual toy user is scanning the application and detects her in proximity, so he or she sends a notification, inviting her to play.

They don't have to get directly into the action, of course. Like Dr. Debby says, there are preliminaries, like in every sexual activity. This is where text chat, profiles, and avatars get into scene. A conversation will ensue and, if things get exciting, they can start playing using the vibration mode.

Of course, you are probably thinking, it's ok to play with the vibration mode in the iPhone itself if you are in the privacy of your home... but in public?

That's where the new Device Control interface and the Bluetooth connectivity comes in: The sexual toy would be able to turn the iPhone into the toy itself but it would also be capable of controlling compatible devices—small or big vibrators or chinese balls or whatever device you can think about.

Of course, there's the matter of doing this kind of things in public, but hey, I'm European, and you know we are all pervs there who love sex in public (and hey, you can always run into the bathroom, as long as you keep yourself within wireless range).

Sure, some will say that toy-aided cybersex is nothing compared to the real thing, but seriously, even while sometimes they are fun, one-night stands are just way too messy for me. Knowing that I'm having casual sex with someone in such close proximity will be a definitive turn on. And who knows, perhaps the start of something else. [Thanks for the inspiration, Debby]

And if any developer wants to do this, I can design the user interface.

Seriously....MMS, SMS delete/forward message, and C&P are well overdue. Only disappointing thing is NO VID!!! Perhaps they are ashamed by the picture quality.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #283
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:44 AM
New iPhone hardware this summer (in addition to new software)?

There are rumors that in addition to the new iPhone software planned for release this summer, there might be new iPhones as well (Apple Shows Off Next Version of iPhone Software - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com). I'm planning on getting one in August when I'm due for an upgrade with my AT&T plan, so I'd prefer to hold out for the newest version of the phone if it won't be too long coming.

Anyone heard such rumors?
Old 04-05-2009, 03:33 AM   #284
Refugee

These rumours are picking up speed. Latest is that Apple have signed a deal to source 3.2MP lenses.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:45 AM   #285
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Yes I am patiently waiting for this awesome update.

Tags
apple, ipods, macs