New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the other day I was talking to some guys in the Apple store. Turns out all that talk about iPhones and ATT ending was just all talk. You still have to have ATT for the first two years, and after that who cares. BUT, and it's a big BUTT, the iPhones won't work with Verizon, unless you hack them. Fuck iPhones then. If I wanted shitty ATT coverage, I'd already have it.

:heart: Verizon in the middle of nowhere.:heart:

the iphone not working with verizon isn't necessary their fault. verizon is notorious for hacking their phones so you can't access all their features or stuff. but i don't like at&t either.

I need Verizon because I spend time in the middle of nowhere each summer, and Verizon's right there with me.

You should look into The Droid :) They have a deal going on today-monday buy a Droid Eris get one free :)

Mulling my options for Snow Leopard.

I'm on a Macbook purchased in June 2007, still using Tiger. There are only two options for Tiger users to upgrade to Snow Leopard:

1. Buy the "Box Set" for $137(amazon.com price) that include iLife 09 and iWork 09.

2. Buy the Upgrade for $24(amazon.com price). Technically, there is nothing stopping anyone from using the upgrade disc to upgrade from Tiger to Snow Leopard, but the EULA for the upgrade disc says that you're only licensed to use it to upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard. So it's an ethical thing. But it's been confirmed that the disc in the "Box Set" and the Upgrade disc are identical. There's no difference. The only difference is the EULA and the fact that the box comes with iLife and iWork.

I don't even know if I want iLife and iWork. I've heard people say that iMovie HD(from 06) is better(in some ways at least) than the more recent iMovies anyway.

What would you do?

I need that 64 GB iTouch to come down in price. At least $100 less.

Justin, that tablet has been in several conversations in macrumors dot com for quite a while now....interesting stuff, I can't wait to see it.

According to Engadget Rumor has it there might be an Apple Tablet in March at the cost of 1,000 dollars to Consumers. There is also a 70% chance the iphone is coming to Verizon.

Analyst noise: Apple tablet in March for $1k, publishers on-board, Verizon iPhone coming too -- Engadget

I need that 64 GB iTouch to come down in price. At least $100 less.

Justin, that tablet has been in several conversations in macrumors dot com for quite a while now....interesting stuff, I can't wait to see it.

Does anyone know what the drive status might be for the Mac tablet? I don't know if there is a solid state 128GB HD yet, but that would be awesome for it. 64GB would suffice, like in the iTouch, but it would be really nice to have a solid state drive in a tablet instead of a spin drive. Will there be a DVD slot in it, too?

iTablet--:drool::drool::drool:

I've been reading about and no new details are surfacing.
Can't wait for it.

Holy shit...I blinked and missed a wave of technology. I guess there are solid state HDs up to 512GB available at this point. Wow!

I assume that the iTablet (or whatever) will certainly have a solid state HD.
I'd love to see something in a size between a Touch and a laptop, more like a netbook size tablet.

Again--:drool::drool::drool:

Anyone know of anywhere I could get the Mac Box Set(the one that comes with Snow Leopard, iLife 09, and iWork 09) in the $90 range?

On eBay, the lowest buy-it-now is $110, and the auctions, although they sit at figures in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s for days, usually end up finishing at over $100.

I'm trying for the $90 range because I want to minimize the potential loss if iLife/iWork 10 come out in a few months.

This box set is the only EULA-legal way for Tiger users to upgrade to Snow Leopard.

Well, I got the $150? Office 2008 for Mac - Home and Student Edition for about $20

but, I do not know if it will be the same for your request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom