New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm digging the new Nanos. I've wanted an FM tuner for a long time. But seriously, I've got enough iPods sitting around, and they all still work, too.

Mark

Here you go iPhone owners;

At today's "It's Only Rock and Roll" media event, Apple announced the availability of iPhone OS 3.1 for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new firmware will be able to take advantage of the new Genius feature for apps to help users find new apps that may be of interest based on past purchases and will also allow wireless downloading of new pre-cut ringtones. The full list of 3.1 features and updates includes the following:
- Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
- iTunes U content organization
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll- Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
- Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
- Paste phone numbers into the keypad
- Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
- Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
- Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly

iPhone OS 3.1 is available and is a free download for iPhone customers and iPod touch users already running iPhone OS 3.0. iPod touch users running earlier firmware versions can upgrade to iPhone OS 3.1 for $4.95.

Going to pick up a nano when I get a chance.

Installed Snow Leopard the other day. Not a huge change, but went off without a hitch. :)

Here you go iPhone owners;

At today's "It's Only Rock and Roll" media event, Apple announced the availability of iPhone OS 3.1 for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new firmware will be able to take advantage of the new Genius feature for apps to help users find new apps that may be of interest based on past purchases and will also allow wireless downloading of new pre-cut ringtones. The full list of 3.1 features and updates includes the following:
- Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
- iTunes U content organization
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll- Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
- Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
- Paste phone numbers into the keypad
- Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
- Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
- Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly

iPhone OS 3.1 is available and is a free download for iPhone customers and iPod touch users already running iPhone OS 3.0. iPod touch users running earlier firmware versions can upgrade to iPhone OS 3.1 for $4.95.
fuck, is that really worth it for my ipod? gah.

iPod with FM radio?

FINALLY.

NOW I WANT AN iPod !!!:drool:

I have an iPod Shuffle, 1 GB, the clip version. Is my best friend :hug:

I am very impressed with iTunes 9 on Windows. All throughout the application it runs snappier and the instant, Spotlight-like search results from all search fields feel quick, too.

I don't know how much of the code they re-wrote, but it finally feels like Apple has written a non-shit Windows application. Love the increased sync'ing options, and especially the ability to now put the column browser (genre, artist, etc) on the lefthand side of your music library. Very handy for widescreen monitor peeps and those who prefered the Zune software.

~

As far as the iPod Touch, do not buy a new one. Repeat: do not buy a new one. It was very obvious that Apple planned to have a video camera in the new Touches much like the new Nanos, but there was a story floating around about manufacturing or supply problems causing a delay in implementing that. There is even a little space left empty inside the new Touch that would fit an iPhone-like camera perfectly, so hold off until they revise them again in a few months.

New Nano is nice...if I didn't like pseudo-PDA that my iPod Touch has become I would spring for one of those.

Truth be told I still love my 3rd-gen 'Fat Nano'. Just feels sturdier and when this one breaks I'll probably spring for a cheap 8gb fat nano again for jogging.

Got to see the new nano's in person today. They look cheap... really cheap. Not to mention the screen size is a very weird aspect ratio.

Just a word of advise;

For those people thinking about buying the new iPod Nano's with the built in FM radio, just be aware that the radio will not play when it is "docked" into a player of any kind. The cord from the headsets works as the antenna and it will not be able to be plugged in once docked.

Update yr iPhones, guys. MMS time. I can't wait to text some sweet smut to folks.

It's, uh, it's pretty damn cool. Emailing photos was always such a pain. It's all pretty seamless within the messaging system.

Bout time, Steve Jobs.

I suppose you still can't text to iPhone users unless they also update. Will need to send a memo to all my friends.

Yep I was like wut, nothing happened.. but I had to reboot my phone and it works now. This is awesome.

I now own a 160 GB iPod :drool: My music library will fit on this :love: No picking and choosing, I will have it ALL :)
I have a U2 iPod but it doesn't hold much.
I was going to put my gift card towards a Touch, but then the Touch didn't include a camera :( :waiting:

Has anyone gotten a new Nano yet?

Between the MN Twins and the Vikings, I'm really in need of an FM tuner at the gym, and I'd love another excuse to get one.

Mark

Just a word of advise;

For those people thinking about buying the new iPod Nano's with the built in FM radio, just be aware that the radio will not play when it is "docked" into a player of any kind. The cord from the headsets works as the antenna and it will not be able to be plugged in once docked.

Good to know, I'm seriously contemplating buying one of these :hmm:

I know, they look great. I just need more Gb's. At least 50.

That's a ways off.

I'm close to filling up my 80 gig. Need to scale back on my library a little bit. If my iPod craps out in the next year or so, I'm snatching up one of those higher capacity iTouches like candy.

I keep all of my music on my computer anyway, so that's not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom