New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pic of an upcoming case for the new iPods....

ID01-049blu-main.jpg

...in other news;

"A number of indications that the iPod touch and iPod nano will receive cameras in the next design refresh have surfaced over the past few months, but today's report appears to be the first to claim that the iPod classic will also see the inclusion of a camera."

:up:

Stuff does seem to work faster (shut down, return from sleep mode, opening and closing programs, Safari 4 etc.) Though for some reason my first "start up" today since upgrading seemed almost slower than normal. I like the new "options' when you right click on stuff in your dock. Other than that, I haven't noticed much yet. I guy I work with was going on and on (IT guy) about the new Microsoft Exchange stuff, but my Mac is a home computer, so I'll never use that aspect.

My start up time is about 20 seconds right now, without the upgrade.
I haven't had the chance to go to the Apple store yet

For those lucky enough to have an iPhone but unlucky enough to have AT&T as a provider, MMS is coming Sept. 25, according to reliable sources.

AT&T, frankly, sucks. The exclusivity contract between Apple and AT&T is rumoured to expire in 2010, and in Canada both Bell and Telus will have 3G networks ready in early 2010 as well.

Hopefully we can get the iPhone on some other networks and get some reasonable data plan rates instead of the BS they charge right now.

oh wow! i assume you don't have an sms plan since the iphone doesn't have the capability yet here. my bill is $90, and i have unlimited minutes, texting, and data. plus i have callertunes because i'm a dork.

oh wow! i assume you don't have an sms plan since the iphone doesn't have the capability yet here. my bill is $90, and i have unlimited minutes, texting, and data. plus i have callertunes because i'm a dork.

Do you have an iphone? I thought you had the G1?

For those lucky enough to have an iPhone but unlucky enough to have AT&T as a provider, MMS is coming Sept. 25, according to reliable sources.

I don't get the AT&T hate. I've had them since they were BellSouth in my neck of the woods (my dad used to work for them for like 20 years too) and they've never given problems.
Anyway, the MMS is excellent news.

I don't get the AT&T hate. I've had them since they were BellSouth in my neck of the woods (my dad used to work for them for like 20 years too) and they've never given problems.

Yeah honestly I've had At&T for phone and internet for YEARS and my internet has never crapped out on me, and my phone has really never given me any problems.

$30 of that is for the data plan, right?

Yeah.

My parents had issues with both Bellsouth and AT&T in Central Florida, so it's been Sprint since then... no iPhone in the near future in that case.

I love all of the crazy gadgetry and accessibility that comes with having an iPhone, but considering the charges and actual quality as a phone, is it worth it?

Is anyone else aware of the Apple Quick Tips podcast in iTunes?

This is great stuff...a must for all Mac users.

A+

What is the deal with having to pay 9.99 for an upgrade for my itouch
It has to do with accounting practices. When you buy an iPhone, Apple accounts for the device and software upgrades over a period of two years, which is the estimated typical usage of the iPhone before a user upgrades or breaks it or whatever.

When you buy an iPod Touch, Apple accounts for your purchase as one big lump sum. When they release firmware upgrades that are also released concurrently on the iPhone, they are actually required by law to charge you an upgrade fee.

I read an in-depth article on this and I believe that is how it works out. Weird, and somewhat fishy.

FACT: Nobody likes accountants.

64 Gb iTouch!!!

$399 versions of the iPod Touch will be 50% faster, and run OpenGL ES 2.0–the same as the iPhone 3GS.

:up:

400 bucks for 64gb. hahahahahahahaahaha Fuck that fuck you Apple.

I would rather get an iphone, but I would never get an iphone. I'll stick to my ipod classic. And where is The Beatles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom