New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
September 9th; new iPod announcements....and more.

My guess, iTouch with built-in camera.
:up:
I wonder if the Touch will get a processor upgrade to bring it into line with the iPhone revision....some of the technical demos on the new iPhone 3GS, comparing it to the Touch (current fastest model) are pretty astounding.

I read what was in the email, and it looks like a faster, more streamlined version of Leopard.

Reading more about it, it's apparently only $30 to upgrade if you have 10.5 (which I had no idea was referred to as "Leopard" until now). Yeah, seems to just be a faster and better running version. I'll probably get it, but I may wait a little just to see if it has release issues or not.

i'll probably get it, since i have three computers to upgrade. $50 between three computers doesn't work out to be a ton of money, especially since if i don't upgrade to snow leopard, when 10.7 comes out, it'll be a bigger pain in the ass to upgrade.

Yep. I just bought a mac, so the upgrade is only costing me $10. I may get the $30 upg for my old computer too.

i'll probably get it, since i have three computers to upgrade. $50 between three computers doesn't work out to be a ton of money, especially since if i don't upgrade to snow leopard, when 10.7 comes out, it'll be a bigger pain in the ass to upgrade.

Braggarts.

So are you going to buy it Friday, or wait a little to hear if it has issues, or is that mainly a Windows thing I don't need to worry about? Teach me, Mac daddies and mommas.*

*Probably the lamest things I've written in.....days.

I'll upgrade too, but I'm pretty busy at the moment so I won't be running out to do it on day 1.

I also want to get a new Nano....any news on capacity of the new ones?

Braggarts.

So are you going to buy it Friday, or wait a little to hear if it has issues, or is that mainly a Windows thing I don't need to worry about? Teach me, Mac daddies and mommas.*

*Probably the lamest things I've written in.....days.
oh, i'll definitely get it friday. i lined up outside the day of leopard's release and had no problems with it.

:reject:

though if for some reason there's any bugs, apple seems to be good with quickly releasing software updates.

The beauty of having 3 computers is that you can upgrade them one at a time and then see if there are issues before upgrading the others. I'll do this with my 3 MacBooks.

Mark

Latest from MacRumours;

"The report speculates that one of those features may relate to Blu-ray, a technology that Apple CEO Steve Jobs has in the past referred to as a "bag of hurt", although recent licensing changes may result in Apple taking a closer look at bringing the technology to its computers.

The report also echoes previous assertions that Apple is likely to bring price reductions to the next-generation iMac line similar to those seen for its notebooks at WWDC earlier this year. Finally, sources suggest that Apple may be undertaking a redesign of the iMac enclosure, possibly patterned after the 24" LED Cinema Display introduced last October. It is unclear, however, whether such a redesign would be ready for the next-generation iMac or if it would be deployed as part of a subsequent update to the line."

The beauty of having 3 computers is that you can upgrade them one at a time and then see if there are issues before upgrading the others. I'll do this with my 3 MacBooks.

Mark
i'm too impatient for that :reject:

i've pre-ordered it so i don't have to deal with the lines like i did with leopard. :crack: (though i will admit, once the lines moved it was totally seamless and everyone got through very quickly.)

aww boo, i like my white macbook. though next year it'll be the best of both worlds. :D mac mini, imac, white macbook, and aluminium macbook. :cute:
it's nice, but it feels much more delicate than my aluminium one. plus i don't know how i ever coped before the multi-touch touchpad. i miss it when i'm using the university imacs!

and for real :D it'll be great!

There were lines for the last one, Khanada? I'm assuming that was at an Apple store? Will they have it at other places that carry Mac products, or only Apple stores at first?

There were lines for the last one, Khanada? I'm assuming that was at an Apple store? Will they have it at other places that carry Mac products, or only Apple stores at first?
yeah, it was at an apple store. plus it's the only one in this area so i'm sure that added to it. i would assume though that any store carrying apple products (i know best buy sells macs now, for example) should have them too.

also, if you order through apple.com today, it'll be delivered to you on friday, with free shipping. even though i usually order things through amazon, they weren't delivering it till next week, even with one day shipping. :down:

yeah, it was at an apple store. plus it's the only one in this area so i'm sure that added to it. i would assume though that any store carrying apple products (i know best buy sells macs now, for example) should have them too.

also, if you order through apple.com today, it'll be delivered to you on friday, with free shipping. even though i usually order things through amazon, they weren't delivering it till next week, even with one day shipping. :down:

I may just do that then. There's only one "official" Apple store in Utah, and it's always a madhouse. They'll probably have it at Best Buy or some of the fake Mac stores, but having it in my mail box makes it pretty simple!

I may just do that then. There's only one "official" Apple store in Utah, and it's always a madhouse. They'll probably have it at Best Buy or some of the fake Mac stores, but having it in my mail box makes it pretty simple!
yeah, i know what you mean. the store here is always crazy since it's the only store within a three hour radius. plus, free shipping meant i'd pay the same price i'd pay in person anyway.

edit: omg, while looking up retail store locations i just noticed the one here is closed for renovations. way to pick the best time to do it!
waycool.gif
now they'll miss all the peeps buying snow leopard and the late people waiting until after school has started to buy stuff. they recommend visiting two stores three and four hours away! :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom