New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think somebody asked me once what I was paying for monthly service and here is an update:

$77.45 before taxes for:
- 250 minutes of voice + free evenings after 6 pm and free weekends
- Caller ID
- Visual voicemail
- Unlimited text & MMS messaging (sent & received)
- 6 GB data

And that is in Cdn funds, so probably about 70 bucks USD.

Cool.

I just ordered it over the phone, should be here later this week. :)

I don't think this is a huge upgrade but since I don't have to pay for it, may as well!

The 3GS doesn't seem to be enough of a step above the 3G to justify the cost, to me anyway, especially since the new OS gives the 3G many of the same capabilities (well, when AT&T finally gets around to giving us MMS...).

The 3GS doesn't seem to be enough of a step above the 3G to justify the cost, to me anyway, especially since the new OS gives the 3G many of the same capabilities (well, when AT&T finally gets around to giving us MMS...).

Yeah I totally agree with you.

I'm not paying for mine, and I wouldn't shell out another 200 bucks for just the video camera and voice commands.

I dont need a new one either. I'm perfectly happy with my 3G and my life will be complete when I can finally MMS.

Anyone else tried sending a SMS to more than one person and finding out it's been sent as an MMS? Only that's been happening a fair bit with 3.0 here in Australia.

even if you enter the 97 letter long password and id the image

still will not upload. :crack:

this is one of the bad things about the iGroan

My sister tried to text me a picture yesterday and it showed up as a link where I had to enter an id and a password. :grumpy: Too much damn work. How could my razor be more advanced? :angry:

:lol: Why do you think we've all been bitching so much about mms.

even if you enter the 97 letter long password and id the image

still will not upload. :crack:

this is one of the bad things about the iGroan

I can get them to work, but its very tedious.

does anyone experience an issue with echoing on their iPhone? I still have a few months before I can do anything with my contract so I'm still debating on what I want. My brother has an iPhone and no one can talk to him on the phone because all you can hear is an echo of yourself instead of him. It's so annoying! I always make him call me from a landline. He says it's from the case he has, which is clipped to his belt for work purposes. Otherwise he wouldn't use a case. I say he should get a different case! But I just want to make sure it is indeed the case and not the phone because that would be a huge reason for me to pick a blackberry or something other than an iPhone.

Nope not yet :grumpy:

This is really silly.

I had my (Canadian) iPhone with me in Hawaii.

First of all, I wasn't even on the AT&T roaming most of the time, I was on Cingular. Second, sending and receiving MMS was no problem at all.

I see no reason why they are preventing you guys from using this feature when it is clearly supported by the network.

At&t was not prepared and the reason for the delay was due to the fact if they did release mms. Their system would over load.

At&t was not prepared and the reason for the delay was due to the fact if they did release mms. Their system would over load.

That's incredibly stupid. Don't you have MMS on non-iPhone cell phones? I mean this has existed for years everywhere.

I have the T-Mobile G1 phone and I have had MMS since day one. I don't see why At&t didn't have it from the get go for a "Revolutionary Phone."

I have the T-Mobile G1 phone and I have had MMS since day one. I don't see why At&t didn't have it from the get go for a "Revolutionary Phone."
exactly. i bought my g1 the day it was available and as you said, i've had mms since the first day. i'm not sure how at&t couldn't be prepared for mms or anything. if anything you'd think they'd be eager to roll out something that would cost customers money.

So I heard about this news report that warns Apple store shoppers from potential theft and even a possible car jacking.
They are making sure that if you leave with an Apple product in hand, to be aware of the surroundings when you leave to the parking lot and to never leave the product in the trunk if you are going back inside the mall.
There are numerous reports of these situations in various states.
Several here in California.

Ug. I sync my iphone and don't sync my ipod. What I've noticed lately is that when I sync my iphone any new songs I've downloaded aren't transfered to the phone. wtf am I doing wrong?

I don't want to have to drag and drop with my iphone since everything on my iphone is on my computer. I don't sync my pod b/c there's stuff on my pod that isn't on my computer.

Anyone else have this problem? With the syncing not working? :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom