New Apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She went to our local Apple Store, and they gave her a new one free of charge. I thought about going to pick one up just to have an extra. :D

We do the same at my work, if we have extras.

But it all depends on the customer's demeanor; if you come in demanding a free accessory......ahh, no.
Rule of thumb; be civilized and you will be taken care of.

I've actually exchanged broken headphones or iPod players that were purchased 2 years prior and I've taken care of the customer.

We do the same at my work, if we have extras.

But it all depends on the customer's demeanor; if you come in demanding a free accessory......ahh, no.
Rule of thumb; be civilized and you will be taken care of.

I've actually exchanged broken headphones or iPod players that were purchased 2 years prior and I've taken care of the customer.

You can replace my broken headphones :scream:

If you text a lot...go with the BB. Otherwise wait a couple of months for the updated iPhone....if that.
Btw, nice to see ya around here again.:hug:

Here's a pic of the new iPhone being tested with the new camera auto focus feature...
210952-iphone3_500.jpg

According to a report, the new iPhone does contain an autofocus camera that is uses an on-screen square that can be moved by the tap of a finger to chose the object of focus. Also shown is the long rumored digital compass as well as compass software (pictured above). Those features seem to be specific to the next generation iPhone, though the site also demos MMS and Copy/Paste with Images.

If you text a lot...go with the BB.

why is that? I text a ton.

I am debating on what I want to get later this summer. I have enough gift cards to Apple for it to be free but on the other hand, i'll have to pay to cancel with my current service so that would be about $200. So basically either way I have to pay to get a new phone. My phone broke a few months ago so I have been using an older phone my sister gave me. It's ok but it's not what I'd like to be using.

I'm leaning towards the iphone just because I don't really have a need for anything else at Apple, outside of a mac that I can't afford. I've already had the gift cards for over a year so I might as well use them instead of letting them collect dust on my shelf.

But I don't know enough about the iphone or blackberry to really know which would be the right phone for me. I've always had free phones from tmobile and I've never been happy with them so it's about time I spend some money on a phone that I want.

why is that? I text a ton.
i know you asked carlos but i'll take a crack at it. my guess is since it's got a qwerty keyboard, i've heard the iphone's on-screen keyboard takes some getting used to.

i saw you said you had t-mobile but aren't happy with them. if you wanted to give them another shot though, i'd recommend the g1. i have it and love it to death. plus it's got the advantage of having a slide out qwerty keyboard instead of it being on screen. though it's got a touch screen too, which is great. it also can connect to wifi stations like the iphone, aside from it not being apple i can't think of any features the iphone has that the g1 doesn't. but of course with phones, you gotta make sure you like what you get, especially since the high end ones these days require you sign a two year contract.

I use an iPhone as my personal phone but the firm won't let us have them for business so we get the BB Bold for that purpose.

I text quite a bit and the iPhone is not an annoyance after maybe 2 weeks or so of getting used to it. I wouldn't let that deter you from getting it. However, if you use e-mail a lot, then go with the Blackberry. I really don't like sending e-mails on the iPhone because of the keyboard, it's considerably slower than a non-touchpad QWERTY.

But if you're getting a BB, I don't see the point of getting anything but the Bold to be honest. The Curve is as expensive as the iPhone, if not more, but it's not a 3G phone. Makes no sense at all to me to get that. Sure it's a bit smaller/sleeker but I think that you're getting an inferior phone and worse yet you're not saving any $.

well I use my phone to check emails but not to send them so I wouldn't be too worried about that with the iphone. My brother just got an iphone and loves it. I'm still not sure about the on screen only keyboard. But I have to wait a few more months before I can do this so maybe I'll just have to go to the stores and see the phones in person to help me decide.

You can on the iphone.

btw when the heck is the update supposed to come out? NEED MMS and landscape texting :angry:

This coming Tuesday at WWDC.

WWDC?

Wtf is landscape texting? :scratch:

Turning the phone sideways so that the keyboard is bigger.. iphone currently fails in that you can only text with the phone straight up, and the keys are therefore smaller and closer together. Yet you can turn the phone sideways for the internetz and the keyboard gets bigger that way.. makes no sense :angry:

WWDC Keynote Summary:

Macs
- New prices (most Macs except Macbook have $100-$700 price reductions [Air])
- MacBook 13" aluminum is now MacBook Pro ($1199)
- Updated specs on most models
- SD Card Reader
- Snow Leopard available in September
- $29 to upgrade (Take that Windows 7!)/$49 (up to 5 Macs)

iPhone 3.0 Software Update
- Available June 17
- Find My iPhone/Remote Wipe (MobileMe only)

iPhone 3GS
- 16GB ($199/$399 [if not eligible for upgrade])/32GB ($299/$499 [if not eligible for upgrade])
- Video Recording (With video trimming)
- 3.2mp Autofocus Camera
- 2x Faster
- Voice Control
- Hardware Encryption
- Nike+ Built In
- Compass
- June 19th

I've got a 3G and I'll wait until the next iPhone to update.

iPhone 3.0 Software Update
- Available June 17
- Find My iPhone/Remote Wipe (MobileMe only)

So I have a 3G, I can do this update? I cant wait for this. Hell if I'm going to buy a whole new phone. :down:
I'm actually kind of pissed, I paid $400 for this phone less than a year ago and now they're going to offer it for $99??? :huh:

O2 in the UK are saying you got pay pay for the remaining cost of the contract if you want to upgrade to 3GS.

I got 10 months left. So £400 for an upgrade? 3GS is good but not worth that.

So I have a 3G, I can do this update? I cant wait for this. Hell if I'm going to buy a whole new phone. :down:
I'm actually kind of pissed, I paid $400 for this phone less than a year ago and now they're going to offer it for $99??? :huh:

At least you did not pay $599 as the rest of the first people to get it....to then have it go down to $299 a few months later. People were pissed.

At least you did not pay $599 as the rest of the first people to get it....to then have it go down to $299 a few months later. People were pissed.

It's the consumer's fault though. They're in such a rush to buy the next best thing that they splurge on it because of hype, general excitement, etc...

Buying electronics is hard because it's always constantly evolving and better products are being put out for cheaper (especially regarding an Apple product), but it always pays to wait at least a month or so before buying a hot product to catch a cool deal or two or something.

Why pay full price for something you truly don't need when you can pay a fraction of it later?

Exactly.

Never buy the first generation on anything electronic, ever.

Case in point; the U2 limited edition iPod. I waited for the 4th generation (I think) to buy it and I got a much better unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom