Nero problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I just got a Sony DRX-830U dvd burner. It comes packaged with Nero 7 Essentials on a cd. The burner works fine without Nero, but I'd like to install Nero so I can bask in its apparent glory. :wink:

Here's the problem:
I put in the Nero installation disc, click through to "install," and it stops after a few seconds. I get this message: "The wizard was interrupted before Nero 7 Essentials could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again."

There's no explanation of what interrupted the installation. Any ideas of what to do?

I *think* you can install apps in Safe Mode (but not uninstall unless you can get the uninstaller service to run). Try booting in Safe Mode (hit F8 at startup) and running the installer.

pattip2000 said:
DVD burner :drool:

:lol: I know--finally! You can expect a full list of my dvds for trade in a week! :wink:

Liesje said:
I *think* you can install apps in Safe Mode (but not uninstall unless you can get the uninstaller service to run). Try booting in Safe Mode (hit F8 at startup) and running the installer.

Poop. I tried that, and a few seconds after the install disc started up, I got a message saying that "Windows Installer cannot be accessed..blah..blah..blah...It may be because you're in Safe Mode." :sad:

Are you running anti-virus, firewall, application protection, etc., software that is preventing the install?

I have Norton Internet Security. I turned it off after the first failed install attempt, but it still doesn't work. I was hoping that would be it, too.

Liesje said:
Can you d/l a different installer and plugin the serial code from your CD pack?

I think I'm going to try that next. Right now, I've downloaded a trial version of Nero from the website. That worked fine. When that expires (or beforehand if I can), I'll try and punch in my serial number from the disc (or whatever I'll need to do) to make it permanent. If that doesn't work, then I'll look around for an installer---and coming back here for suggestions on which one. :wink:

You could also try installing your version with the trial already installed. I'm not sure what difference it would make, but I've seen it work with other apps that would not install (install older version, then newer one on top of that).

Back
Top Bottom