Nero 7 and Windows Vista problem----any help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I recently bought a new laptop and its only DVD burning software is Windows DVD Maker. I can make dvds with it out of wmv files, etc., but haven't been able to figure out how to make dvds out of things I download from u2torrents (I used to have a Dell laptop and would use DVDShrink and send the files to the Sonic RecordNow that came with the Dell. The DVDShrink/Windows DVD Maker combination hasn't worked for me yet on the new computer). So, I pulled out the Nero 7 CD that came with an old dvd burner.

It got about 95% through the installation, then told me it had some problem with Windows Vista and stopped the installation. I went to Nero's site, and the only issue it stated was something with dvd burn rights for different users, but nothing major enough to stop installation.

So, here's the thing----I have about a hundred non-functioning Nero files on my computer now. I can't get them to work. What's worse is that when I try to uninstall them from my Control Panel, it gets halfway through and Windows Installer encounters an error and can't uninstall them! :banghead:

Can anyone help??

gabrielvox said:
hey just saw this, how did that work out for you?

I like CCleaner. It's free and does a number of different very cool things one of which is removing stubborn software and files.

To be honest, I've been pretty busy with work and haven't had much time to play with fun stuff on my laptop at home. It'll probably get done in a few days when my paternity leave (woo-hoo!) starts....until the baby comes. :wink:

I would use system restore, or at least try that first. CCleaner is OK, but it misses some things, removes other things that should stay. System Restore will simply roll back the system to how it was before you tried the install. No need to install a new app just to partially remove another.

Back
Top Bottom