Need quick help with a song!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyMarie

Acrobat
I know this is probably not the right forum, just wasn't sure where to post.

Does anyone know how I can remove the lyrics from a song so I'll have just the background music? A friend is wanting to do something with Tracy Lawrence's 'Til I Was a Daddy Too' for Father's Day, Sunday. I bought the song from iTunes, does anyone know what I can do now?

I know this is probably not the right forum, just wasn't sure where to post.

Does anyone know how I can remove the lyrics from a song so I'll have just the background music? A friend is wanting to do something with Tracy Lawrence's 'Til I Was a Daddy Too' for Father's Day, Sunday. I bought the song from iTunes, does anyone know what I can do now?

No way to remove the vocals from a stereo mix completely unless you rent a studio OR you have the a-capella version of the song and a recording/sequencer program.

There are cheap "karaoke" "solutions" for about 50 bucks, i.e. a company named Behringer has a small vocal preamp with a so-called "voice canceler". In reality, this "voice canceller" is just a plain filter and will filter the mids out, so you lose most the vocals (but not all vocals, they will still be there in the background) BUT you also lose the mids of all the mix (all instruments, drums, guitar, etc.). So figure it out, it sounds shit.

There is no cheap and easy solution.

The best solution is to have the original file (music and vocals), and the a cappella file (only vocals), and then you phase shift the vocal signal while you leave the full signal in the same phase. When you mix the two signals together (in the program designed for that), the phase shift (a cappella) will automatically remove the vocals (not phase shifted, therefore exactly the opposite, and plus and minus signal of vocals equal out -> you can´t hear them anymore) of the full signal.

This may sound confusing, but in reality its very simple. The difficult part of it is to find the a-cappella signal. Most artists will not give it away. You can find some though, if you google "pellas"; DJs need them a lot for mash ups. :wave:

That's pretty much what I was gathering from what I came up with in search. Oh well, he'll just have to use his guitar instead. Thanks for taking the time to explain, it's not the first time I've asked about lifting vocals (I had asked about lifting the vocals of RTSS since the music kinda drowns the vocals out for me - I'm hard of hearing).

Back
Top Bottom