Need help - (Red) Razr questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyMarie

Acrobat
I just bought a new V3M Product (Red) Razr phone today. :drool:

I have a couple of questions though, the people at the store couldn't help with it. They said the phone has MP3 capabilities, but you have to buy some kind of memory chip for the phone. So,

1) What's it called?

2) Where can I buy it?

3) How will I transfer my MP3's onto this chip?

4) Can I listen to the MP3's on the Razr with headphones?

I'd really appreciate any help with this, I can never seem to stay up to date with all this new technology. :huh: Thanks!

MandyMarie said:
I just bought a new V3M Product (Red) Razr phone today. :drool:

I have a couple of questions though, the people at the store couldn't help with it. They said the phone has MP3 capabilities, but you have to buy some kind of memory chip for the phone. So,

1) What's it called?

2) Where can I buy it?

3) How will I transfer my MP3's onto this chip?

4) Can I listen to the MP3's on the Razr with headphones?

I'd really appreciate any help with this, I can never seem to stay up to date with all this new technology. :huh: Thanks!

Firstly, You should have the Flash card, it comes with the phone. I think it is 64mb. Depending on how many songs you want to put on there. This memory chip isn't big enough to do all that I think. You can buy one as big as 1 or 2 GB. I would recommend that if you plan on using the mp3 feature and others. I haven't bought one yet..
I think as to tranferring your mp3s to the razr I know if you go to the sprint music store on your phone the music goes directly to the chip in your phone once you download it. As far as downloading say mp3s that you already have from your computer that way would be to put the flash card into a smart card reader that has a usb cable to plug into your computer and then move the songs onto the chip and then put the chip back into your phone..
As for listening to music from the phone, you should also have the stereo headphones that came with the phone.

Here's the link for the 1GB:
http://motorola.digitalriver.com/se...e&SiteID=motostor&productID=42315400&Env=BASE

hope this helps...

My phone didn't come with a card, I bought it from US Cellular. I didn't buy the EasyEdge internet access service either, so I'm guessing my only option is the flash card, right? It sounds easy enough once I get the card and smart card reader, now if I can just find those, lol. Thanks for your help!

MandyMarie said:
My phone didn't come with a card, I bought it from US Cellular. I didn't buy the EasyEdge internet access service either, so I'm guessing my only option is the flash card, right? It sounds easy enough once I get the card and smart card reader, now if I can just find those, lol. Thanks for your help!

yeah, the only way for you at this point to get the music on your phone is through the computer and the smart card reader. These are inexpensive. And some printers have a card reader on them. You just look for these small card slots in different sizes located probably at the front of the printer.

You can go to best buy and ask for the smart card and the reader just explain your situation.. They will be able to help you. You can also buy these online (i provided the link for the smart card for ya through motorola) just about anywhere.. Amazon, Bestbuy, etc.

neutral said:
It's a miniSD card isn't it? You should be able to find a card and reader anywhere that sells electronics stuff, like Circuit City, Best Buy.

it is a mini SD but it comes with a transadapter so that you can put it in a card reader..

here's a picture of what you need (for people that buy through sprint this comes with the phone, 64mb and the stereo headphones)

accy_256MBTcard_SYN0944A.jpg

Back
Top Bottom