Need a Nintendo Wii?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
Go to your local Target this Sunday morning at 8 am. They will have them available at that time.
I am getting one.

Did you guys see the prices they are going for on eBay?
Ridiculous.

I find it really, REALLY strange how they STILL have a worldwide shortage of Wiis. We preordered ours last christmas so had no problem there, (and yet we have only 2 games :lol: ) but I mean really, you'd think they'd take the hint and bloody well make some more.

Or is this the "lets make mass hysteria before christmas to increase sales!" thing?

wow, there's still a shortage of wiis? at work we're having a promotion to give them away to some people and i was like "uhhh aren't they about a year too late for this?" but i guess they're still pretty rare :hmm:

When I was at Toys R Us on Thursday the phones kept ringing no stop for them.
The manager said they sell as soon as they come in!

Did'nt know they were so popular :der:

*hugsxbox360*

If you're actually looking for one, they aren't hard to find. I got one the first day I went out for it...:shrug:

Wii? :scratch: Is that like Atari? :shrug:

I like Pacman
dance.gif

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Do they normally come in on the same day? I have a friend who wants to get one for her kids and said any store she went to this weekend was of course out.

It depends on the store. If there's an EB Games or Gamestop nearby, they usually get weekly shipments of a few. My local store got them on Thursdays, but I'd go ask to be sure. Bigger chains are going to be tougher to get one from because everybody goes there first.

RedrocksU2 said:
hell yeah.

Hey guys, if anyone of you have this unit, can you please recommend some good games to buy?

Wii Sports - Comes with it, so there's a no-brainer

5.) Super Paper Mario - It's like the original games on NES because it's mostly a side scroller, but it adds RPG and action-platforming elements by allowing you to switch dimensions mid-gameplay and walk around in 3D scope, as well as gain levels and items you can use to boost attack or defense, etc.

4.) Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbarosa's Treasure - A hidden gem that isn't really getting enough love. It's a point and click adventure game that uses an on screen cursor to do everything, even move your character. It revolves around puzzle-solving for each singular level and awards you with scores for how logically and efficiently you find the solution.

3.) Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - FPS/Adventure game with really slick controls and nice looking environments, lot's of hidden upgrades and wildly imaginative weaponry, fun puzzles and pinball-like morphball sections. Very futuristic sci-fi feel to it. If you're not familiar with how Metroid plays in 3D, it may be somewhat difficult for a first timer, as this is the 3rd and final chapter of the series. So it would be advised to play the first 2 for Gamecube.

2.) The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess - What you would come to expect from a Zelda title, but very polished and very beautiful. Some major differences like the ability to transform into a wolf and explore an alternate dimension of the world which adds another layer of attack and movement. Hidden combat scrolls that use the Wii's remote and nunchuck to do various. Massive overworld showing great art design coupled with pleasing graphics and of course Koji Kondo (who has been the lead composer for both Zelda and Mario since their birth) provides another top notch soundtrack. A very lengthy quest that can take a good 50 hours if you want to go for 100% of everything in the game.

1.) Super Mario Galaxy - The top reason to own a Wii. One of the highest rated games of all-time (currently #1 at GameRankings). Sets the standard for what can be done visually on the Wii with gorgeous levels and amazing graphics. Design is perfect as you will most likely never get lost and never get bored. Each galaxy and levels contained within them provide a new experience every time, meaning you will almost never do the same thing twice. Kondo (as mentioned above) along with Asuka Ota have made one of the most memorable soundtracks in the last decade, with over 25 fully orchestrated tracks. (samples here here and here ) The gameplay is hard to describe, while it follows many traditional Mario platforming elements, it turns them all on their head by adding the mind-bending aspect of planetary gravity for almost each single piece of ground you encounter. Up can be down, out can be in as every planetoid Mario comes across has it's own gravitational pull meaning you can even fall off the side of one land mass only to be slung to another above or below. (example here ) A must buy for any Wii owner as it truly is an incredibly innovative experience.

Last edited:
catlhere said:
4.) Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbarosa's Treasure - A hidden gem that isn't really getting enough love. It's a point and click adventure game that uses an on screen cursor to do everything, even move your character. It revolves around puzzle-solving for each singular level and awards you with scores for how logically and efficiently you find the solution.
maybe because it sucks? :eyebrow: sounds too much like schoolwork to me. :tsk:

Redsteels worth getting, as it came out when the Wii was released its usually one of the cheapest games. Its nothing spectacular, but its worth a look in.

KhanadaRhodes said:

maybe because it sucks? :eyebrow: sounds too much like schoolwork to me. :tsk:
Well I wouldn't expect any less of a response from someone who can't even get past the first level in The Lost Levels without getting a game over.

catlhere said:
Well I wouldn't expect any less of a response from someone who can't even get past the first level in The Lost Levels without getting a game over.
i wouldn't expect any less of a response from someone who plays (insert any game here) for at least four hours a day or else they have anxiety issues.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i wouldn't expect any less of a response from someone who plays (insert any game here) for at least four hours a day or else they have anxiety issues.
I haven't played a single game today.
ohsnap.gif
You got served!

Neutral, how many controllers did you buy? I know it comes with one, so I purchased a second one. A friend has 4...for the tennis game.

Back
Top Bottom