My poor ipod!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShipOfFools

War Child
It's extremely cold outside, and I just realized this morning (when I was drinking my coffee) that I left my 80 GB ipod outside in the car yesterday. I ran outside a few moments ago, grabbed it, and brought it in. At first, I thought it was just cold, but then I noticed that there was ice (yes, ice!) on the display screen, and that the buttons were working, but frozen. It played me a song, so I know it's working right now, but I'm afraid what will happen when it thaws.

I feel really foolish for leaving it outside, when I knew it was going to be freezing tonight. Does anybody know if it'll be ok, or if I should start saving up money to buy a new one?

I'll never do anything this foolish again. :down:

Make sure to keep it off as long as it dries. Then hope that there is no water inside.

But keep it shut off.

I think it's ok. The ice was on the outside of the ipod, and no water has come out of it yet. It's still cold, but not as cold as it was before. Plus, it seems to be working, so I guess I got off lucky.

OK, just for the future: If an electronic device is wet or icy, don't make starting it to see if it is still working the first step. Let it dry, try to check if there is still water inside and if it seems dry test it. Often times electronic devices are perfectly fine... until someone starts them.

A few months ago I made the mistake of leaving my shuffle in my pocket and then doing some laundry. :doh:

But it did give me an excuse to upgrade... :up:

I hope your iPod will keep on working! Would be an expensive mistake if it wouldn't... :uhoh:

I once left a cd in a car straight in a very hot sun for about 2 weeks... But it still worked luckily :wink:

A few months ago I made the mistake of leaving my shuffle in my pocket and then doing some laundry. :doh:

But it did give me an excuse to upgrade... :up:

I have and 80gb,and I almost did that,I would seriously die,or lay in front of an oncoming train..Many people would be happy if I did that :D

This definitely works. :up:

Are you serious?

Because if you are, I'd love to see you try this. You'll completely destroy all the electronica inside the ipod with a microwave.

Mine is now even sensitive to my PHONE radiation. :crack: When I get a call while my ipod is near my phone, the volume will go crazy, extremely low to high and vice versa, pretty weird.

Ah well, it's a 2nd gen U2 video ipod, it's getting old. But I'll never part with it. They can pry it out of my cold dead hands. :angry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom