My laptop cd copying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Hi all. Anyone have any idea why any music discs i make on my laptop will not play on my cd player? I thought at first it was maybe the format, but am not so sure. its specifically discs made on my laptop that read "error" in my cd player. Discs made on my other computer have always worked fine. I have tried different software thinking it may be that, but have the same results.

Is it a CD-RW? I tried to do a music cd with those and they didnt work.

I wrote some in what I think was MP3 and they work fine, usually if you use Windows Media Player or iTunes it'll sort that out for you, after all if you press "make audio cd" you'd hope it would. ;)

I know WMP makes them work anyway.

Its a DVD multi recorder drive. story is.....if i copy MP3 the disc wont work, if i convert to wav files it plays first 3-4 songs before stating an error has ocurred

gman said:
Its a DVD multi recorder drive. story is.....if i copy MP3 the disc wont work, if i convert to wav files it plays first 3-4 songs before stating an error has ocurred

I could be wrong, but maybe you are doing "multisession"? I believe it needs to "close" the disc in order for it to play like an audio CD in a normal CD player.

Liesje, I tried making a disc with Windows Media Player which automatically finalises the disc. Its really anoyinh as my Cd writer on other computer has seen better days so am kinda relying on the laptop.

Back
Top Bottom