My computer is dying!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
A severe virus suddenly popped up on my computer. Fabulous Spyware!!!!
I have run every scan I could think of and its slowly eating my computer.

Any suggestions? :sad:

Most important thing is to scan with a thorough, reputable, up-to-date product and run the scan in Safe Mode. Even good anti-virus scans can't always removed a virus if the file is in use/virus is running at the time of the scan.

I always recommend just re-installing Windows when this happens. Might take awhile (and some time to figure out, if you've never done it before), but having your computer running like new (with software identical to how it was out-of-the-box, usually) is worth it.

:( I just lost my internet conection, I tried to proove my pc skills and now I have no conection :sad: I was trying to detect wireless nets with my brother´s new laptop and now I hAVE NO INTERNETZ :sad: i erased the router program and now I can´t find it on the net :scream:

Use Windows to detect and configure wireless networks. If it was previously using a third party app (like something that came with the router or the wireless card), you may need to start the service. Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > start the Windows Zero Config service and set it to be Automatic. Then you can use the Network settings in the Control Panel to connect to networks.

Didn't want to start a new thread (not sure I know how :lol: :reject: )

Quick question

computer was very sick
got fixed and was returned to me today (hurrah)
all working fine, speedy, etc but I have no sound . . . yes, i've switched on my speakers & checked to make sure the connections are all spiffy :)D ) - any body know where i can go to find out if sound device has been installed properly or not? :help: bye :wave:

What operating system?

Windows XP:

Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager
Expand Sound, Video,....Controllers
If anything there has a red X or yellow ! on it, it's not installed properly

What I would do is Google your computer's model and find the specs. See what soundcard is installed. Then Google that soundcard model + the word "driver", download and reinstall the driver.

What to do with an old one before buying a new one? I know I won't get even half of my money back for what I paid for it. :/

there are plenty of recycling programs for old computers, a lot go to training programs / schools / underprivileged kids etc... You don't get any money for it mind you but you usually get a tax receipt...

Just don't forget to thoroughly wipe all the drives.

What operating system?

Windows XP:

Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager
Expand Sound, Video,....Controllers
If anything there has a red X or yellow ! on it, it's not installed properly

What I would do is Google your computer's model and find the specs. See what soundcard is installed. Then Google that soundcard model + the word "driver", download and reinstall the driver.

:kiss: thanks Liesje will have a little looky at that as soon as my :rant: computer starts - seems I may have to get the techy back though - went to start up my new improved (old) computer this morning and it won't start :scream: all I get is an ugly black screen with a System Boot Error - some stuff about inserting the disk and enter - grrrrrrrr - so am back on hubbies work laptop again - grrrrr x 1000 + a little bit of :(

^ no the floppy drive has been disabled cuz we never use it - I've checked to make sure there are no discs in the dvd / cd rom, no usb or memory stick any where - I think my computer just hates me!!!

Techy is coming back - very apologetic when I rang back yesterday morning as all was superly fabulous when he left

Thanks for your help though Liesje :wave:

Back
Top Bottom