MSN Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

circa1992

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
:wave:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I have a question.

So I use(d) MSN Messenger for a long time, but then it just stopped working and somehow managed to get completely deleted off my computer. But now, I really want to use it again, however, it's no longer on my computer and each time I go to redownload it, it force quits the second I try to open it.

Some help would be greatly appreciated :help:

Oh, and I'm on a Mac :)

Get a program called Adium. It combines AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Google Talk, and loads of other messaging services into one simple program. I use that exclusively on my Mac. :)

www.adiumx.com is their site.

Is there a way to see when your buddy is typing? Also, is there a way so that the bubbles on the side don't pop up with my message, so that it just shows up in the message box?

On my message boxes, I can see when someone is writing...the little black bubble at the bottom will change to orange. Or, another color, depending on which status icons you have installed.

Like this:
Picture1-2.jpg
except orange.

Oh, and for the bubbles on the side, do you mean, like up in the top right corner?

Okay, thanks...so if the bubble at the bottom with their name changes color they're typing?

yeah, the top right corner

Yep, you just have to figure out what color it goes to, since there's different ones for away, available, and writing.

Okay, yeah, that's a thing called Growl. You have to go to your System Preferences, and it's at the bottom. Then go into Applications at the top and uncheck Adium. That should take care of it.

Back
Top Bottom