Motorola V170/Sim Card Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelofHarlem01

Rock n' Roll Doggie
My dad got a Motorola V170 today. He stuck the Sim Card in and charged up the phones battery but it still said 'Insert Sim Card' on the screen. He went to work so I've been trying to figure it out but I'm not having much luck either. The Sim card looked like it was upside down so I turned it around, stuck the battery back in, finally got the stupid battery door back down, and turned the phone over.... Black screen. Hit the on key...Black screen. The phone's completely charged but I plugged the charger back in, to see if I could get it to power up via the outlet. The 'Charge Complete' screen came up so I hit the power button and nada, the beloved black screen again. Any idea what's going on? I've never dealt with a Sim Card before or had this type of issue with a phone so I'm stumped. :grumpy:

**edit** Ok, so we're magically back to the "Insert Sim" screen again. :der:

Last edited:
Thanks neutral. Right now we just have the sim card placed under the battery alligned where it says to, but judging from that picture and from some info I came across a bit ago, I think there may be a little piece of metal it goes under. I'm going to go mess with it again in awhile. I hate the stinkin' battery cover it has on it, took me almost 20 minutes to get it back on the last time lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom