Moto Cliq Vs. Blackberry Bold 9700

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
I'm on T-Mobile, about to get a new phone, and having the hardest time choosing between them. I'm happy with Blackberry, and I saw no reason not to continue with them, that is until I finally read more about the Moto Cliq. It seems like it has everything I need as far as E-mail and IM are concerned, and then it also has the touchscreen interface I've been dying for (curse you Verizon and your corner on the Storm), and then of course, I don't even have to bother typing on the screen, because it's also a slider. On the other hand, I keep hearing it's incredibly laggy (though I'm not seeing that in the videos I've watched).

In fact, the more I read this post, the more I can see that I kind of have my mind made up, I guess I'm wanting to know if it's a bad decision.

There is the Mytouch 3G don't forget. Is your contract up with T-mobile? Verizon has the Droid coming out this week which has a slide out keyboard and will be the first to have googles free turn by turn directions on google maps. has a 5mp camera with flash, you can IM, and do a lot of very cool stuff with it. Besides the Droid Verizon is also releasing on the same day the Eris which is just like Sprint's HTC Hero at 99 dollars with a two year contract. The droid is 199.99 with a 2 year contract and comes with 16gb sd card pre installed.

There is the Mytouch 3G don't forget. Is your contract up with T-mobile? Verizon has the Droid coming out this week which has a slide out keyboard and will be the first to have googles free turn by turn directions on google maps. has a 5mp camera with flash, you can IM, and do a lot of very cool stuff with it. Besides the Droid Verizon is also releasing on the same day the Eris which is just like Sprint's HTC Hero at 99 dollars with a two year contract. The droid is 199.99 with a 2 year contract and comes with 16gb sd card pre installed.

Nah, I'm stuck with T-Mobile for a while longer, I'm just adding a line to the plan, and since I pay the bill, get the new phone. I looked into the Droid anyways though, and I hate hate hate Verizon more and more each day. First the Storm, now this. Is the Mytouch any good? I think I'm mostly into this whole widget home screen the cliq has. No idea if there's any other phone like that. Also, that 5mp camera's not too shabby.

I had the Mytouch 3G. Sold it on ebay. I am a phone geek. The mytouch 3G is a good phone. It comes with a preinstalled 4gb memory card. The phone is mediocre. The widgets are very cool. The thing I like about Android phones is how you can Root (hack it) and install a different Theme on it, of course it can be a little difficult but there are people out there who can help. The battery life is good, no slide out keyboard. very light.

If you have anymore android questions let me know.

I switched to sprint cause I get a 25% discount on the monthly plan.

I had the Mytouch 3G. Sold it on ebay. I am a phone geek. The mytouch 3G is a good phone. It comes with a preinstalled 4gb memory card. The phone is mediocre. The widgets are very cool. The thing I like about Android phones is how you can Root (hack it) and install a different Theme on it, of course it can be a little difficult but there are people out there who can help. The battery life is good, no slide out keyboard. very light.

If you have anymore android questions let me know.

I switched to sprint cause I get a 25% discount on the monthly plan.

Well, that's what I've always enjoyed about the Blackberry, the ability to hack and make changes to it. Though, I've shied away from that over time.

Well, thanks for your help, Justin. Still haven't made up my mind, lol, but thanks.

is it a slider or is that touchscreen keypad all there is? I've never been too hot on Samsung phones.

if you want a phone that offers both an onscreen keyboard as well as one that slides out, the g1 has that. i love the g1, i've had one since the day they came out. there's tons of apps to download, many of which are free. (i've got tons on my phone and i've only paid for two of them.) plus the onscreen keyboard can be used in portrait or landscape mode, and of course there is the slide out keyboard.

See, I'm just not interested in the G1. I've read too many negative reviews from other Blackberry users, and I really am only considering the Cliq because I've had a lot of good experiences with Motorola. The Cliq does run the Android software the G1 does, so if the experiences with that are as positive as they sound like, I'm quite interested, and have pretty much decided. Just waiting for the Bold 9700 to come out now so I can try them both out first.

Back
Top Bottom