More IPod help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
I bought a used Ipod over 6 months ago, it came loaded with a lot of concert bootlegs. I have not done anything with it other than listen to what things are on there because I am scared of erasing everything if I try to upload it to my computer. Does anyone know of a website or program that is basically idiot proof for doing this transfer? :huh:

Winamp is free and you can easily copy the files on your ipod to your computer, w/o erasing them from the ipod.

If you plug the iPod into the computer, you can open it up like you would your C or your A drive through My Computer.

You'll need to select the option to view the hidden folders, and you should see the folders with all the music on the iPod. You can select them and then copy them onto your C drive.

Thanks for the input - I'll see what I can find with Winamp, I am afraid if Ijust plug it in to the computer it will all be eaten up.

bonosloveslave said:
Thanks for the input - I'll see what I can find with Winamp, I am afraid if Ijust plug it in to the computer it will all be eaten up.

It won't. :) There is an option to sync your iPod with your computer that could wipe out your files but it does ask you before doing that, just say no. :D

Back
Top Bottom