Monitor issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waynetravis

Blue Crack Supplier
I have a problem with my computer's monitor.
When I turn on my computer and then the monitor, the screen comes on and I see the desktop for a split second then the screen goes black but the monitor is still on.
If I turn the monitor off then on again it still does it.

I have disconnected to from the power and replugged it back in, and I have also diconnected and reconnected the monitor to the computer. But it still does it.

Any further suggestions, or anyone have an idea whats going on??
I'm using my laptop right now but I can't acess my itunes or my work on my computer.

Is it an old monitor? Could be stand by problems. ( my TV did it, it'd go on standby by itself) Either that or maybe a loose wire. Are you sure that the computer is functioning properly and its not the PC thats just dying?

I would plug in another monitor to the computer and see if it happens. I'd also plug the monitor into a laptop and see if it happens...

I connected the monitor to the laptop and it still does the same.

But at the back of my montior is a VGA splitter cable that I connect a while ago.
So the problem could be with that, only thing is I connected it to tight with the screws it's not going to come off without a fight :tsk:

Ok it is the monitor.

Also when unscrewing a VGA cable, make sure you turn them the right way :tsk: :reject:

I hear ya, Wayne. I once stripped a socket out of a $3500 projector b/c I screwed the wrong way and it was so tight it pulled the socket right out with the screw on the VGA end. :der:

Back
Top Bottom