Misc. Electronics Recycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kramwest1

has a
I have used and will abuse Best Buy's new recycling center. I can't believe they are taking what they are for no charge. I don't know which of their locations are doing this, but they are in most Twin Cities' locations.

BBRecycling.jpg

The battery, CD and cable recycling is especially nice. I have so damn many more cables to dump.

Anyone else have free electronic recycling info?

In have 2-3 old laptops laying around in cupboards someplace.

I always wonder if I drop them somewhere, will someone get info off the hard-drives?

There is a free recycling semi-truck that comes to my office buildings about once a month on Saturdays. I am told they take your hard drive out and you watch them put it through a grinder, and get chopped to pieces. That appeals to me.

^I wish we have something similar.
All we have is a truck container at the recycling center that says Computer/Electronics Appliance Recycling Center and people basically drop off their unwanted stuffs there, just like you drop your other recyclables in their respective bins.
And I don't think our Best Buy has that kind of recycling center :scratch:. I also have so many cables I don't know what to do with them...

I always zero-out my hard drives and do the 30 pass or whatever one the Mac disk utility does that's like military level. Then I stick a giant magnet on it for good measure.

I wonder if Best Buy is making money off those? I work in IT and a few times a year we send a truckload to a local recycling center and they often end up paying us for some of the stuff they can salvage.

In have 2-3 old laptops laying around in cupboards someplace.

I always wonder if I drop them somewhere, will someone get info off the hard-drives?

There is a free recycling semi-truck that comes to my office buildings about once a month on Saturdays. I am told they take your hard drive out and you watch them put it through a grinder, and get chopped to pieces. That appeals to me.
on dirty jobs once he visited a plant that recycles old computers and such and they did the same thing with the hard drives, though the people who brought them didn't watch.

Staples takes printer cartridges-if you have one of their rewards cards you can get points for them. I think they also take cables and other small items for free. I put CD and DVD cases into my regular recycling.

You can donate old cell phones to

Welcome to Cell Phones for Soldiers!

There are also programs to donate them to victims of domestic violence

You can donate old cell phones to

Welcome to Cell Phones for Soldiers!

There are also programs to donate them to victims of domestic violence

I can't remember where I've seen those plastic, postage-paid envelopes for Cell Phones for Soldiers, maybe Office Depot?

My Best Buys used to take old cell phones, too.

The Targets in my area have a smaller recycling center thing, too. I think they take old mp3 players. I may check today.

My regular recycling pick-up takes normal batteries, which is nice. I wish they would take plastic bags. Thankfully, every grocery store and now BB does take them.

Back
Top Bottom