MERGED --> Dumb Vista Question + Audio where did you go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Dumb Vista Question

Ok so I bought a computer last year. 1 gig memory 250 gig hard drive AMD Anthelon 64. Would that support Windows Vista?

Funny thing is I tried that last night but it would not work. LOL

U2Girl1978 said:
Is Vista even worth downloading?

Probably not unless...

1) You're getting it for free

2) You really like it/have a reason to get it

3) You know what programs or device drivers will/will not be compatible and are OK with it

Audio where did you go?

So after upgrading. I do not get any audio?? It did not detect the audio card. Any ideas?

Upgrading to Vista? The device or device driver may not be compatible. See if you can download a driver for Vista from the manufacturer's website.

And another thing. For some reason my itunes music is labeled as mp4.bpa??? whats that?

Hmm ok I think the forum just smoked some crack because I did not add a poll to this thread :huh:

U2Girl1978 said:
Well it looks like I won't be d/l it because I don't have enough ram on my computer. Odd. When we bought this computer it said it was Vista capable. Oh well.

It's the terminology, "capable" vs. "ready". Capable just means it can hold the hardware necessary for Vista. So if Vista calls for 1GB RAM minimum, your computer can hold that (usually 2 slots that can take either 512MB, 1GB, or 2GB each) but doesn't actually have it installed when you buy it. If it said "Vista ready" it would mean the computer does actually come with enough RAM to run Vista. For example, I bought my laptop a month ago and the sticker said "Vista Premium Ready" meaning all I have to do is sent in a copy of my receipt and I get it free w/o having to do any upgrades.

What the hell?? So before upgrading to vista. I backed up all my stuff to an external hard drive. now when I want to add my music to itunes the files are labeled as m4p.bpa??? what is that? and when I double click on a song, even though I get no audio on my computer at the moment. The scroll bar telling me how long the song is does not count down?

I'll probably wait 6+ months before upgrading to Vista. I've read about lots of compatibility problems.

Back
Top Bottom