Macbook question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azor

Refugee
Hi dear friends :)
I'm about to buy a new notebook computer and the white macbook is a very attractive possibility for me. But there's one BIG thing that messes my head... the f***ng 13" screen!! :no: I've never had one but I just feel that i'm gonna get crazy with such small screen. I don't even use lenses but I'm afraid to lose my view or something like that... I'm a music producer so audio software is a daily issue for me, and I suppose I need "view space" for adjusting levels, recorded tracks, etc... (I use a 15.4" pc).
I would appreciate telling me about your experience using a computer with a 13" screen :hmm:

I had a 12" ibook for a while (am selling it simply because I don't use a laptop and need the money more than an extra toy), do wear glasses, am more used to a 19" pc screen, and although it took me a few minutes to adjust to the smaller type size, it really wasn't a problem for me.

I know a few other people who have them (the 12" ibooks) and don't have problems with the size of the screen. Ar least a few of these people are older than I am and also wear glasses (at least to read). I'm not sure if they use their ibooks for music production or not though (some are musicians), so I can't offer anything there.

Hi Azor. :D

Well I have a 17" MBP right now but I used a 12" Powerbook for a long time before this. I still have it and use it sometimes like when I travel and I don't want to lug around the MBP.

Like Indra, it did take a little time to adjust to the screen since my desktop is dual 19" monitors.... but honestly I got used to it really quickly and it didn't bother me. I used it for everything, it was actually my main computer for awhile when I was moving and had everything else packed away.

(Hi neutral :D )

woa, THANK YOU very much for you comments, I didn't find anyone who could help me in such "ridiculous" aspect :lol:
Actually I was thinking that the 13" screen is 2 inches shorter than mine, BUT pixels don't change, they remain the same so there's no big reason for panic...

i am currently typing this on a 13" macbook :D given that my other computer is a 20" imac with a second ~18" monitor, it's obviously a smaller screen. but to me, it's not too bad. i've even watched movies on my laptop and have been fine. i've never felt like it's too small or anything. plus i got a cute cover for it so now it looks all girly :D

Azor, I am looking into buying the 250 gb Black Macbook....but my understanding is that a new batch is coming out in a few weeks, with better features and a better processor....?

keep an eye on macrumors.com for the info. (this is a daily thing for me lately).

As far as the size (13"), I have a cowoker that has the white MB and after using it for almost 1 year, she stated that she should have pruchased a bigger screen. That unit ended up being too small for her. She was using for college btw.

I have a 13" white Macbook from a little over a year ago, and I have no issues with the screen. It is my main computer for college, and I think it's a nice balance between portability and usability.

Honestly, now an external monitor isn't that expensive, and certainly less than the cost difference between a Macbook and a Macbook Pro.

Back
Top Bottom