Mac Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Mac too, I remember asking this question, and the answer I got was that you have to get Quicktime Pro, and there is a setting where u could click a button while the video is playing and while its playing its being recorded as a gif, and when your done u could hit the button to stop making the gif...

Thats all I remember:shrug:

Quicktime Pro is worth the upgrade (you can save videos from online then, too). There's also a free add-on to Quicktime online that let's it play WMV files. I can't remember where I found it, but if you Google Quicktime plus WMV I think it comes up.
If you are looking for really basic screen captures, Preview (included on your Mac) has a capture function. It's under FILE, then GRAB, and gives you a couple of options.
I don't know how to make GIFs other than using Photoshop Elements. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than the full blown Photoshop. It gives you a lot of "Save As" choices as well as the quality level that you want to save them at.

Mark

The shortcuts for screenshots are:

Whole screen - Apple key-shift-3
Part of screen - Apple key-shift-4 then drag and select the part you want to capture

You don't need a separate program to get a screenshot.

I know nothing about making gifs, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom