looking for new web hosting site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I'm looking for a new web site hosting service. I'm fed up with Geocities, which is what my art site is on, because Yahoo has screwed it up to the point where I can't upload pix onto it anymore. It's been over a year since I've been able to work on my art site. At the same time, I need a fairly easy system to work with because I'm an HTML klutz. Trellix, on Tripod, doesn't require HTML, but I don't know how to post pix on Tripod. For my Turkey pix, I'm either going to get postcards and scan or take a cheap disposable camera because I don't want to worry about misplacing an expensive camera. I am always misplacing things and it'd be just like me to lose a digital camera.

waiting to hear if anyone responds to you. I need info on a good Cold Fusion host. My ISP is cheap but jacking me around for years with their service. I'd rather pay more to GET service. Having a problem this weekend, and their "oh we have 24/7 tech suppoert", yada yada yada is BS! And this weekend they happen to be "updating their phone machines" so you can't get help verbally and their Live Chat feature online is apparently offline. I could
explode.gif
:madwife:

i've recently changed over to moonfruit.com for my art website. i love their galleries and flash effects. it's really easy, just drag and drop.

the only thing i don't like about them is they don't allow html code at all. my art site is in my sig if you want to check it out :wink:

they have a free service or a paid service. i just use the free. the free service does have ads on the side, but it's not an annoying popup window like geoshitties. lol.

edit: i also like moonfruit cuz it uses flash people can't right click and save on your pics and steal them. :up:

Last edited:
I could do a blog. The problem there is not having a laptop, those things are out of my price range. Also, I want to post pictures, not write a journal. I was looking at travel blogs yesterday and at least one blogger didn't even have a camera. I'll have one. The emphasis here is on posting pix.

Last edited:
verte76 said:
I could do a blog. The problem there is not having a laptop, those things are out of my price range. Also, I want to post pictures, not write a journal. I was looking at travel blogs yesterday and at least one blogger didn't even have a camera. I'll have one. The emphasis here is on posting pix.

So, you'll wait until you return to the states to post the pictures?

A friend of mine is travelling through India and is keeping a blog here .

Last edited:
Yeah, just about the last thing I want to do is try to make another site on Geocities. I am going to keep a journal after all, but I'm going to write it in a notebook, put it in my word processor when I get home, and upload it. But I need a place where pix aren't a major hassle the way they've become on Geocities.

Thanks nbc, I'll check out Flickr. I have to be flexible about this, I'm not going to find the *perfect* host. That's not realistic. It just has to work.

Back
Top Bottom