Looking for html for MySpace...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
Just the plain old html codes that I can use to change, well, every aspect of a MySpace page. I've been searching for hours and all I've come up with is code for a background image and header banner. I don't want to use those code generator things. I just want the code by itself without having to contend with extra junk thrown in there. Anyone? :help:

I know some really basic html codes, and I used to be able to manipulate my blog with them. But I imagine that myspace, like blogger, has somewhat customized codes*?

If not, I can help (a bit) :hi5:
If they do, then I can't be of any real help....

*If they do, usually it's not hard to pick some of them up by looking over the page coding...

The main things I need at the moment are the codes to change the color, border and opacity of the boxes on the pages, as well as the font, font color and link colors. I tried figuring it out by the code I have on my own page, but my eyes were crossing trying to pick out where one started and the other ended. I need to look around for code to change the contact box, too. I didn't think it would be so hard for me to figure out! :reject:

myspace has a page editor that does many of the same things you're looking for. To find the editor go into profile on the myspace toolbar and there will be an editor option in the dropdown. Here MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/206558871 is a link to see what it looks like

(you have to look for profile themes )

That's not quite what I was looking for, but I appreciate the suggestion! Anyone else out there who might be able to help me out?

I'd love to but MySpace gives me seizures! Does it let you input your own code for the entire page body? I looked at someone's page source and there's some java and CSS as well as HTML. Since the <font> tag and attributes in HTML are no longer acceptable, I would imagine the text formatting is being controlled by the CSS, which is probably controlled by the various skins you can choose from?

I used a code generator on my personal page and it changes the whole page. That's what you're asking, right? :reject: The codes I found for the background and banner for the page I'm working on say
<style type="text/css"> at the beginning, so I guess they're CSS.

I didn't think it was going to be this complicated! :| I wish there was someplace where there were more than just bits of code and it explained it all and where to input the changes you wanted to make. I think those things only exist in books and the minds of people who know what they're talking about with this stuff, which I am definitely not.

I tried to figure out the code for my page to try to apply it to this other one, but I don't know where one thing stops and the others start. :crazy:

LOL

I don't use MySpace, so I could be talking out my arse. But, I understand they have different skins to choose from, and you can do further customization from there? I'm assuming the skins each call on CSS files. The CSS files define pretty much everything but the actual text and image sources on the page. I'm not sure if adding HTML tags will override the CSS or not. My guess is not since the standard has moved away from HTML and no longer accepts many attributes and tags like the <font> tag (though browsers still render it just fine).

So what you really need is the CSS file(s) that your page is calling on to define all the formatting and design. The HTML is only defining the actual content of the page.

For example, here is a web page I made the other day. It's very sparce right now since I just threw it out there after a few minutes of tweaking:
Kennel van Kelder

Now, here is the same page again, but only the HTML code, the ONLY thing removed from the source code of the index.html file is the reference to the CSS file:
Kennel van Kelder

There you can see how the CSS controls everything BUT the content of the page.

I don't know if that's how MySpace works or not, but if you are seeing references to CSS in the source code, you probably need to edit the CSS to control the design of the page.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom