Live coverage of Steve Jobs keynote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.macrumorslive.com/

So far....

10:30 am iLounge: you can now sync between multiple computers using an iPod, as long as both are authorized on the same account
10:28 am Engadget: Today we're introducing the biggest single enhancement: iTunes 7
You say "it looks the same," but it isn't
[the left nav is more cleanly organized without being radically different]
We've added a View switch, a 3-position switch. we've added a 2nd view called album view, so you can scroll through your music library and look at it by album. what if you ripped your CDs and don't have the covers? Today we're announcing free missing album cover art for all the music in your library if you have an itune acct. itunes will automatically download it for free
but there's something even better. that's the third view. it's called Cover Flow view. [LOOKS LIKE FLIPPLING THROUGH YOUR CD RACK]
10:28 am iLounge: TV shows are now encoded at 640x480 (h264), up from 320x240
10:27 am iLounge: iPod updater appears to be now integrated into iTunes
10:26 am iLounge: 3 different views of iTunes, list view, album view (with art and tracks), then "cover flow view" lets you rapidly find what you want by album cover
10:25 am iLounge: iTunes will give you cover art for free if you are missing cover art (thanks Steve)
10:24 am iLounge: Store now has own section, devices have their own sections, playlists too
10:24 am iLounge: Source list now includes library with sep libraries for all forms of media
10:23 am iLounge: iTunes 7 today
▲ iTunes

10:21 am iLounge: metal body, 1 model (1GB), $79, ships in october.
10:18 am iLounge: iPod Shuffle is now 2nd generationl size of iPod Radio Remote
▲ iPod Shuffle

10:22 am Engadget: (for nano) $149 2GB ipod is aluminum only, $199 4GB has colors, $249 8GB is black only
10:17 am iLounge: All models' packaging is 52% smaller in volume than previous nano. new charger, new armband, new lanyard
10:16 am iLounge: 8GB is $249 in all colors
10:16 am iLounge: 4GB is $199 in all colors but black
10:16 am iLounge: 2GB is $149 in silver only
10:16 am iLounge: 3 models, but with double storage capacity at each model (and varying colors available)
10:15 am iLounge: New software just like standard iPod
10:14 am iLounge: 24 hour batter life
10:14 am iLounge: Green silver black blue pink
10:12 am iLounge: Nano is now, as rumored, Aluminum and in colors
▲ iPod Nano

10:12 am iLounge: [$]249 and [$]349 with 60GB and 80GB capacity
10:10 am iLounge: games will work on 5G ipods
10:09 am iLounge: games for sale off iTunes for $4.99
10:08 am iLounge: new iPod software features: instant searching, new games (Bejeweled, Cubis 2, Mahjong, Mini golf, pac man, tetris, texas holdem, vortex, and zuma)
10:07 am iLounge: iPod is getting enhanced today. 60% brighter with brighness control, 3.5 hours video playback (up from 2 hrs... big version goes to 6.5 hours), new headphones, gapless playback
▲ iPod with video

10:06 am iLounge: iPods. 3 iPods: iPod, Nano, and Shuffle
10:05 am iLounge: talks about iPod sports kit. Foot Locker is blown away by sales. 450,000 sales in 90 days
10:04 am the event appears to have begun
10:03 am iLounge: theater is filled to capacity (755 person theater). Podium on the right, a computer setup on the left of the stage (looks like an iMac)
9:52 am iLounge: Folks are crowding to get up-front seats. (wonder why?)
9:51 am iLounge: Griffin Technology, Belkin, Incase and Nike are in attendance.

Last edited:
PlaTheGreat said:
80 GB iPod for $349... :drool:

Hello Christmas present from me to me!

:up: Gapless playback and free cover art. :up:

That's what the 60 Gb version costs now, isn't it?

:drool:

I hope my ol' iPod keeps kickin' for awhile though...I shouldn't shell out any $$$ right now! :yikes:

Justin24 said:
Gapless playback? So does that mean a fade in of the next song?

No, it's like listening to An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart without an annoying gap between the songs.

This should come in very handy with Pink Floyd. :drool:

Does that 80 Gb iPod look sweet? :drool:

Is it a new feature that you can have it engraved?

So with the gapless playback will it do it automatically once you upgrade to the 7.0 version?

It's very interesting how they handled the gapless playback on the iTunes side of thing instead of working it into the hardware.

iTunes goes through and analyzes your music library, and I assuming it adds a little bit of data to the beginning and end of each track to facilitate gapless playback.

iTunes 7 is supersex, by the way. The new options for displaying albums and art are great, and the program as a whole runs faster for me on Windoze.

Justin24 said:
So with the gapless playback will it do it automatically once you upgrade to the 7.0 version?

Yes when you start up itunes 7 it goes through your library, takes like 5 minutes.

Thats pretty cool. Do you have to set it up to automatically configure. With the way I have things set up I dont update my songs to my ipod automatically I have it set to manual so I can choose what goes on the ipod.

Not sure, I'll let you know but I think each track is done individually so how you sync with your iPod shouldn't matter.

iTunes 7 screencaps.

image1xi4.gif

image2bc1.gif

Canadiens1160 said:
Not sure, I'll let you know but I think each track is done individually so how you sync with your iPod shouldn't matter.

iTunes 7 screencaps.

image1xi4.gif

image2bc1.gif

That looks so fucking Sexy and Sweet. :drool:

New iPod interface...

image1qt0.gif

The gapless playback works very nicely on the PC. Going to see if it works on the pod now.

Canadiens thank you for the pictures. I want to go home and play with the new itunes dammit. I also want the U2 ipod video

Man oh maaaan. I can't wait to buy the new iPod. I've wanted to upgrade to the video iPod since late June when my piece of shit U2 iPod started to go haywire on me. I'm so glad I resisted purchasing one right away. That 80GB beauty is alllllll mine :drool:

And finally gapless playback and new iPod games, took them long enough. I will never be bored :drool:

now i wish i actually had some album artwork

oh wait, the get album artwork feature is working now

Last edited:
spent almost 2hours installing it and i got an error saying it needs Quicktime for it to work properly or something :scratch::grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom