Laptop freezes & Makes buzzing sound on Youtube - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2017, 11:20 AM   #1
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:37 AM
Laptop freezes & Makes buzzing sound on Youtube

I bought this ASUS laptop around February this year. To be honest, it has always been glitchy at times.
Sometimes, when watching Youtube, there would be a brief noise...like the sound was skipping. Last week, this issue got much worse as the whole laptop would freeze for about 10 seconds (whilst still making that buzzing sound). The laptop actually crashed a few times because of it.
Now.....i am back to getting the laptop freeze every so often, but at least it isnt crashing and needing a restart.
I really don't know what to try. I went into device manager and checked drivers etc, but all seem to be up to date . Ive tried disabling hardware acceleration on browser and have tried different browsers. Still the issue persists
Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Old 08-29-2017, 06:29 AM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 12:37 AM
Does it only happen on YouTube?

Have you tried going to YouTube using a different browser? Could be a problem with YouTube and your browser.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:02 PM   #3
New Yorker

I did not 1, but TWO factory resests to the laptop. It got rid of the problem....for a few weeks. Now...it happens again. It seems to happen sporadically, with anything that im streaming. I only noticed it on youtube at first.
I have tried different browsers etc. Its not as bad (for now) as it got at its worst, pre factory reset. It got to the point where it would crash. For the time being...its just more of a stutter every now and then. Im wondering if its maybe something to do with router signal???
Old 09-03-2017, 12:48 PM   #4
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 07:37 AM
Hm, does it happen while using things graphically heavy? Like Youtube, videogames also take a lot. And what about an offline video? Could be an issue with your graphics card if so.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:12 PM   #5
New Yorker

I dont do any gaming. But this glitchyness seems to happen when im on youtube mainly. Also happens on Netflix AND i was listening to a radio recording the other week...and it was happening. So, it seems to be when im streaming (is this the correct term?) over the internet and not just on visual content.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:18 AM   #6
New Yorker

Upon doing more research, i found similar sounding problems on a few different forums online. Despite a healthy number of responses offering help and advice, the same problem persists for the OP. Im not overy hopeful of resolving this issue now. Im thinking im stuck with it.
I have to say, this ASUS laptop is the most glitchy computer i have ever owned. In fact, its the ONLY problematic computer i have ever owned, in 20 yrs of owning a personal computer of some description. It has had numerous issues in the 7 months i have owned it
Old 09-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #7
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 07:37 AM
So what happens if you watch a video you have downloaded onto your computer? Does the same problem persist? And does it happen in multiple browsers, like Fernando asked?

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote