lala.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkat

Blue Crack Addict
anyone use it?

I'm not clear on how it works. You're supposed to upload your cd then delete it from your files, Like a used record store :slant:

i read an article about this on the newspaper.
i thikn the main mission is to have people trade their CDs so they can be exposed to new music they want to try. you can create profiles so people can see what you listen to and be able to recommend you things. so then once you send off a CD to someone, you have to delete those songs off your harddrive, because of the whole piracy thing. once you send it off to trade with someone, it's technically not yours anymore, so those songs shouldn't be on your harddrive either.

i guess their philosophy is good in that it considers the artist, but honestly, i don't think people will delete their stuff, so i don't really know how it works yet. i guess theoretically it sounds like a good way to discover new music through other people ;]

I'm alittle late to this thread but here goes...

LA LA is a postal mail version of U2Torrents.com, except it cost you alittle $ to join in, and LA LA involves studio released CD's from artist where as U2torrents.com deals only with Live recordings.

I've signed up but have yet to do any trading.

Back
Top Bottom