Just bought my first HDTV.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
And it doesn't work, right out of the box! Can anyone help? I don't think this is user error. I hooked everything up correctly, plugged it in and turned it on. In the lower right hand-corner, an icon saying "Digital Television" pops up. Then the screen goes black. Boom! Poof! Nothing! Looked in the directions. It says, it sometimes takes a few moments the first time you turn it on. Oh boy, I thought, maybe it's just powering up slowly! A half an hour later, it went into standby mode, nothing changed. Woo! So glad I dropped $500 today on a lemon!

I should probably mention it's a Magnavox 40MF401B.

If you have all the input cables hooked up to the TV, then try using the remote to cycle through the inputs (TV, Line-In, DVD, whatever).

Out of curiosity, did you get it waterproofed?

If you have all the input cables hooked up to the TV, then try using the remote to cycle through the inputs (TV, Line-In, DVD, whatever).

Out of curiosity, did you get it waterproofed?

I've never heard of getting it waterproofed. And yeah, I tried cycling through the inputs to no avail. I talked to Magnavox. They're baffled. Returning it today and hoping to get something that actually works.

Well, I returned it and got a 46" RCA from Best Buy instead. Thing is beautiful and it works. Only cost me $50 more, so I guess it's a good thing the Magnavox didn't work.

One word of advice, beware of heavy rainfall. Water could seep through the cable from your outside aerial and your LCD TV may try and kill you. I had this problem once.

I don't use cable tv, so I won't have that problem.

Back
Top Bottom