iTunes Tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The biggest fear that i have with my 80gb ipod is that something bad happens to it and I lose everything thats on it because stupid me I dont back up anything! I've got music from like 10 different computers and they're like in different cities. Is there a way I would be able to take all my current music that I have right now on the Ipod and copy it to the Itunes library?

The biggest fear that i have with my 80gb ipod is that something bad happens to it and I lose everything thats on it because stupid me I dont back up anything! I've got music from like 10 different computers and they're like in different cities. Is there a way I would be able to take all my current music that I have right now on the Ipod and copy it to the Itunes library?

I've used idump a few times. It was easy to use and comes in handy every now and then. You still might want to back it up after it's on your computer. iDump - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

So what's the easiest way to transfer your iTunes from an old computer to new one? I dont have a huge amount of songs but they are all synched up with my iphone so would I just be able to sync my iphone with the new iTunes on the new comp and it will copy them into the library, or do I manually have to copy the iTunes folder on the hard drive from my old computer to the new one? Then sync? And what else would need to be done? I googled it but I'm getting some conflicting information.

I got that part down, it was easy to just move the whole folder to the new computer. All the files show up in iTunes, however, it is telling me that I cant sync my phone because iTunes did not install properly and that I need to install the iTunes 64-bit version. I specifically searched 'iTunes 64-bit version' and installed it. I dont understand. :scream:

*edit.. I think I figured it out.

I had that same problem when I loaded iTunes onto my laptop. I had all sorts of problems with it at first. Now it seems to be fine.

Blarg its not working. I installed the iTunes on the new comp then moved out the iTunes folder and replaced it with my old iTunes folder via instructions on the web, and now when I try to open iTunes it says

The file 'iTunes Library.itl' cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes.

Anyone know? Cori how did you get it to finally work?

I lost almost 1200 songs when my desktop died :crack: They were still on my Nano, I just couldn't figure out how to transfer them onto my new laptop. I eventually figured out how to hook the iPod up to the laptop and transfer all my files to the new iTunes - sneaky, the media files are in a hidden folder in the E: drive. I assume you've already sorted your issue out, but for future reference, it's possible to do it that way, too.

Having an itunes / iphone problem.. I downloaded a song off amazon and it put it in my itunes, but when I synced my phone, it didnt put the song in my ipod app on the phone and I cant figure out why. It's checkmarked and everything and set to sync all checked songs etc but its not in my list on my phone. Any ideas? :mad:

Well its not an ipod its an iphone so I dont know if that makes a difference. It says rebuild your itunes library but it doesnt say how? I'll do some googling.

:doh: . . . always helps to read :lol: . . . the ipod device on the iphone operates in the same manner as the ipod though :reject:

have you tried copying the file to the default music folder on your computer (outside of your itunes library) and then copying it in to your iTunes? I had a couple of files I had to do that with and it seemed to work okay

So yeah I'm a dumbass. For some reason I didnt have the 'sync music' box checked. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom