iTunes question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bean_Counter

The Fly
I purchased a new computer and when I imported my music library to itunes it imported two copies of every song. I checked my library and there is only one song of each. I opened itunes and attempted to delete the duplicates and itunes asked me if I wanted to delete the song from my hard drive.

AAARRRGGHH!!!! Can anyone out there help me please.

Bean

I purchased a new computer and when I imported my music library to itunes it imported two copies of every song. I checked my library and there is only one song of each. I opened itunes and attempted to delete the duplicates and itunes asked me if I wanted to delete the song from my hard drive.

AAARRRGGHH!!!! Can anyone out there help me please.

Bean

I don't know exactly how to help, but I run into duplicate songs with my iTunes all of the time. I have 3 Macs and 3 iPods that I use, so keeping each one up to date can be difficult.

When trying to diagnose where the duplicate is I always check the info on each song to see where it is located. I would check a pair of the same songs to see if they are located in different places. If there are two different iTunes libraries you should be able to delete one of them and then run delete duplicates.

I use an external HD for my iTunes folder, so my program often wants to revert back to the laptop internal drive for the iTunes main library.

The delete duplicate option works fine as long as you are certain that the default location for your iTunes library is where you actually want it.

I hope this helps a little. Obviously, don't delete anything if you aren't positive you have a back-up somewhere.

Mark

When trying to diagnose where the duplicate is I always check the info on each song to see where it is located. I would check a pair of the same songs to see if they are located in different places. If there are two different iTunes libraries you should be able to delete one of them and then run delete duplicates.

I use an external HD for my iTunes folder, so my program often wants to revert back to the laptop internal drive for the iTunes main library.
same here :hi5:

i had quite a few duplicates when i got my most recent imac and switched over to my external hd, and i just went through my entire collection manually. :crack: it's extremely time consuming to do it manually but imo it's the best option because then you know for sure you're deleting the ones you want to delete.

Back
Top Bottom