iTunes Library Songs to MP3 -- Help Plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BWU2Buffs

War Child
Problem
Trying to export or "save as" songs from my iTunes library to MP3

These are songs I brought into the iTunes library from my CD collection, not iTunes purchased songs.

I had hoped to use iTUnes to export songs or save as MP3 to load onto a new phone -- but alas, I can't find out how to do this.

iTunes Help says Edit > Preferences - then click Advanced and an Import button - - I have the latest ver of iTunes, but even following these steps I see no Import button.

It seems like you can only do this MP3 step in iTunes when CDs are frist ripped into your iTUnes Library.

I'm asking cuz I hate the thought of dragging CDs back up from the basemetn and ripping them to another computer file storage area in MP3 format.

Any help is welcome!

BCW

Normal iTunes native format I suppose -- they alraedy exist in my library and are from my own CD collection.

When I cleck the song one menu says Create AAC version -- I'm lost -- wouldn't it be nice for me to have an export as MP3 option.

:wink:

Click on Edit>Preferences:

On the General page that comes up in the middle should be a button that says "Import Settings" - Click On that.

It should say "Import Using:" - select "MP3 Encoder" and then choose the setting (or bit rate)

This means that going forward anything you import will be encoded to MP3 format, any files you have already imported cannot be converted by iTunes. You can either download some conversion software or you could delete the files off and import them again...

Back
Top Bottom