iTunes Library

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tabela

The Fly
Sorry if this in the wrong spot, but I was wondering if anyone could help me with this...I had my iTunes open and was putting new songs onto it when my computer froze. Nothing was happening so I restarted it and when i got back onto my account and reopened iTunes, my entire library of about 5000 songs was deleted. It would take a really long time to redownload all of those songs, so I was wondering if anybodu konws of any way to recover the library or get the songs from my ipod onto my iTunes. Thanks

I know how to get the songs from your iPod to iTunes.

Plug your iPod into the computer, and then go to My Computer. As long as you have your settings set to show all and not hiding anything, you should see the iPod as an actual drive (mine shows up as an "E" drive, but not sure that's the same for everyone).

You can go in there and in one of the folders, you'll find a whole bunch of other folders, and there are the songs. You can just copy and paste them to wherever.

I would just let it run overnight or something, because if you have a lot of songs, it might take a few hours. :)

The songs in the iTunes library will be in the My Music folder if you are on a Windows Platform.

My Documents/My Music/iTunes/iTunes Music

If not there, there are hard drive recovery freeware programs out there, I'd try that before trying to redownload them.

It sounds like your ITunes Music Library somehow got deleted, but not the music files them selves. The music files would be the in the previously mentioned folder. The ITunes Music Library is just an xml database that ITunes uses to list all those music files.

Thankyou for all of your ideas, unfortunately when I go to the My music folder, the only files are songs that I have put onto iTunes by actually putting the CD into the computer and loading the songs on...any other ideas????

Back
Top Bottom