Itunes import problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gee40

The Fly
I have never had any problem importing store bought cd's into my itunes library until recently , the new AC/DC cd would not import and my daughter tried to import Britney Spears Circus cd last night ..but both failed after numerous attempts ....why? I have my preferences set to import cd and have tried all the other listed options available :mad:

Do other CDs work?

Also is your PC recognising discs at all? I had a problem with that once, and it just required updating the Disk drive drivers.

I had a problem on my old laptop where itunes had a popup before opening that said something about the registry being altered, and never worked for CDs after that. :/

what exactly happens? do you click import and then the cd suddenly disappears from that area on the left? that's happened to me sometimes. what i do to fix it is i just go to disk utility, find the cd listed, and select remount.

not sure if that's what your problem is or not but i figured i'd at least throw it out there. :)

it is only certain cd's ...my computer doesn't reconize them at all ..how do I update disk drivers or find disk utility

I forget exactly, but its something along the lines of going into the control pannel, right click "my computer", and there should be a tab somewhere that has a hardware list (or link to a list). From there find your CD drive and right click properties, there should be something about drivers. Install/update etc.

Sorry for being so vague, its been a while since I did it. -__- Also try googling "update CD drive driver" or something simillar, thats how I found out how to do it the first time. :up:

no updates available ...it burns cd's from itunes and will eject the disc ...just wont import ??:scratch:

Back
Top Bottom