iTunes etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr. zooeuss

War Child
How is your iTunes organized...?

..is your iTunes organized...?

i've spent alot of time this weekend organizing my iTunes... first time i've ever done it... downloaded art for 80% of the tracks, since the art doesn't seem to come when you import from a CD.. fixing things like the years of songs from compilation CDs, changing the "genre" of a song when it was off (ie all of "The Unforgettable Fire" imports as "Alternative & Punk", while Zooropa and Pop import as "Rock") ;-)

I'd love to be able to view #of tracks in a certain genre, or certain year, but don't know if iTunes will do that..

Mine is organized alphabetically by band name. And one day I changed all songs marked "Hip Hop / R&B" to "Hip-Hop / R&B" because I felt like I was getting gypped by having 2 categories when they should have been one unified category.

Album art should import when you import the CD. I think you need to adjust a setting. I don't like not having the album art. It annoys me.

UberBeaver said:

Album art should import when you import the CD. I think you need to adjust a setting. I don't like not having the album art. It annoys me.

Thanks i'll look into that.

Anyone know of a way to view one genre at a time? (other than alpha by genre and looking down the list?)

It'd be cool to see what percentage of your catalogue is what genre, and what % is by what bands, what years, etc.

anyone have Steve Jobs' personal cell number?

dr. zooeuss said:

Anyone know of a way to view one genre at a time? (other than alpha by genre and looking down the list?)

It'd be cool to see what percentage of your catalogue is what genre, and what % is by what bands, what years, etc.

Sure; just go to "Edit," and then "Preferences." There ought to be an option for "Show Genre While Browsing," or something similar. Select it, and you will be able to select specific genres in the browsing menu.

cdisantis83 said:

Sure; just go to "Edit," and then "Preferences." There ought to be an option for "Show Genre While Browsing," or something similar. Select it, and you will be able to select specific genres in the browsing menu.

kick ass! thank you!:up:

edit: lol, i typed "rap" and it selected all my hip-hop//rap + bass t"rap" by U2...

Back
Top Bottom