iTunes "Disc Burner or Software Not Found"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I get this error whenever I try to burn a disc from iTunes. Doing a google search, I find that for many people the error is because they've downloaded some program called Daemon Tools, and that there's an update that fixes the problem. However, I don't think I have this Daemon Tools thing (searched for it without finding it). I downloaded the patch anyway, and it still doesn't work.

Anyone have this issue and find a solution?

Hmm... I've reinstalled iTunes several times, but no luck. I have the 64-bit Vista, and I'm currently using the 64-bit iTunes. Tried to do the regular one to see if it'd work, but got a box saying that it wasn't advised so I didn't.

I may try the driver reinstallation, though I don't think that's what it is. Googling the issue, it looks like most people with the same problem and who've been able to fix it have fixed it with that Daemon Tools thing, but I didn't have any luck with that. A few other posts online make it sound like there just might be some issue with the new iTunes and Vista...

I don't think optical drives really use a driver (firmware, yes), you just remove them and on the newer plug-and-play OS' like XP and Vista, it will immediately reinstall, or reinstall if you restart or search for new hardware.

Can you System Restore back to when it worked?

Can you burn using other programs? You could try DeepBurner (free and does audio, DATA, and bootable ISO).

i had this problem once, and for some reason my computer stopped recognizing my burner. i later discovered that the burner had somehow been disabled. i wish i could remember the steps i took to enable it again. but i didn't have to do any reinstallation or anything, just a click of the button.

edit - sorry, i know this doesn't help much since i can't remember how i fixed it, but i did find out by calling HP's help line, though they don't speak English well at all and i got very frustrated having to ask them to repeat themselves all the time.

I have this very same problem. I haven't been able to fix it, either. Even after reinstalling the drive. It seems like Vista isn't recognizing my DVD drive at all. :doh:

Oh how strange ...this happened to me too about 3 weeks ago. I haven't been able to burn anything! :angry: I hope someone can figure this out.

Has anyone contacted Itunes directly and asked about it?

Does this happen only in iTunes?, Have you tried looking on the website of the brand of your burner for some FAQ or new bug fixes?.

it seems to be only happening with Itunes. I downloaded the patch for the Daemon Tools and that didn't work either. I also changed user to admin and that didn't work either. :angry:

:dance:

The new update of iTunes----8.1-----has fixed the problem! Just upgraded now, and I'm currently burning a disc! :D

Hmm..update from last night: So, with the new iTunes, I no longer get the "not found" message, but the CD it burned didn't work. iTunes tells me it burned the disc and that all the tracks are there, but it won't play...and then my computer tells me the disc is blank. :huh: I'll give it a shot with a different type of cd tonight.

Hmm..update from last night: So, with the new iTunes, I no longer get the "not found" message, but the CD it burned didn't work. iTunes tells me it burned the disc and that all the tracks are there, but it won't play...and then my computer tells me the disc is blank. :huh: I'll give it a shot with a different type of cd tonight.

Are you sure you have the right settings?, be sure to click on "Audio CD" on the Burning tab.

Another recommendation would be to not burn the CD at maximum speed, sometimes burning at max speed turns out with errors, I would recommend burning at half the speed of the CD's speed or just turning it down a bit from the maximum.

All the settings were right. But I've made it work with throng's last suggestion-----changing the speed from "maximum" to 20x----and it burns just fine now. Odd.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom