IT Certifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Any other IT professionals out there that can recommend? MCDST or A+? My employer will pay for one. I'm leaning towards MCDST, but I don't know if one really is more valuable than the other.

For what it's worth, I did a job search for each one on dice.com and got 37 hits for MCDST and 723 hits for A+.

A+ is far more common, but considering that I'm not at all interested in any sort of computer hardware and I do primarily call center support, I've been leaning toward MCDST.

And $79K being the average base IT salary?!?!? Yeah, now I can see why Michigan is still considered 49th out of 50 states as far as economics. Most of us don't make half that and there's so many IT people around, you consider yourself lucky just to HAVE an IT job (or ANY job these days). Oh well, like I've posted in my journal this is just a job I do to pay the rent. I really don't care for it one way or the other and don't take the IT field very seriously. That's why I'm just doing the certs my employers pay for :D

Liesje said:

And $79K being the average base IT salary?!?!? Yeah, now I can see why Michigan is still considered 49th out of 50 states as far as economics. Most of us don't make half that and there's so many IT people around, you consider yourself lucky just to HAVE an IT job (or ANY job these days).

I have an MCSE, CCNA, a Nortel Cert. and I don't make that much either. :rant:

Back
Top Bottom