Issues syncing iPod..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kafrun

Blue Crack Addict
I purchased a new song on my iTunes tonight, plugged in my iPod, and attempted to sync it, but it gave me an 'unknown error' message. Now I can't add this new song to my iPod and I'm not sure why. I've tried re-booting everything, but to no avail. I've never had issues syncing in the past.

Contemplating physical violence against my devices, but hoping that somebody has some ideas for me prior to that..? :shrug:

25 minutes since I posted this thread and 30 minutes since my iPod has been working properly. Slowly dying inside. :sigh:

:wink: :uhoh:

Nooooo, it won't let me sync anything anymore. The song is on my iTunes, I just can't sync it onto my iPod.

"Cheapskate" says the person who won't send me sweet free Bose stuff. :rant:

Nope, still a wee bit of space. It's giving me an error message when I try to sync, as if there's a bug in the system or something.

so let me get this straight, Carlos didn't solve the problem but he's billing you for his time? :scratch:

:D

Is the error message just a generic "Unknown error" message? I had the same problem in the past. I'm trying to remember what I did to get it resolved... I think in addition to resetting the iPod, I also updated (downloaded and re-installed) iTunes on my computer. Then the error message went away and I was able to sync my iPod again.

Kaffy, have you also tried to google the error message that you're getting?

so let me get this straight, Carlos didn't solve the problem but he's billing you for his time? :scratch:

:D

Is the error message just a generic "Unknown error" message? I had the same problem in the past. I'm trying to remember what I did to get it resolved... I think in addition to resetting the iPod, I also updated (downloaded and re-installed) iTunes on my computer. Then the error message went away and I was able to sync my iPod again.

Kaffy, have you also tried to google the error message that you're getting?
Oh, Carlos is senile. I'll send him an old grocery list and he'll probably try to go to the bank and cash it. *patsonhead*

Actually, you and Carlos gave me an idea with all this talk of resetting and I just restored my iPod to its factory settings and voila. :D Thankya for the help!

:uhoh: O rly?

I refuse to use anything so...proprietary. If I can't simply plug it in, drag-and-drop directly to/from the device then bah, not worth my money. I can't stand iTunes, never could. We get little Sansa players from woot.com for $10 or so. One for whatever audio books I'm listening to, one for working out, and one for my normal playlist. Then if a dog chews one, I'm not out, like, $200. We have two that even have color screens and the wheely thing like an iPod, and some other smaller ones with LED displays. Also I like having the AAA battery so I don't have to concern myself with remembering to charge the device. With the ones that use the AAA I change the battery once ever two months or so with daily use.

Wow, that's good info. Lord knows how susceptible my iPods are to dog attacks and trips through the washing machine. :hmm: I will keep that in mind for the future.

Back
Top Bottom