Is this a good phone plan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelofHarlem01

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just saw the new Virgin Mobile Make Your Own Plan ad and I checked it out online and it looks really good. I don't have any experience with this company so I don't know if it's too go to be true. What do you think? Rate Plan

Currently I pay between $35-$50 a month for 120 some minutes with Tracfone. So, this looks really appealing to me. That is, if it doesn't have any hidden charges...

That looks so cool! And the price isnt too bad either...:hmm:

This is the phone I have now, its as big as my friend's house phone :lol:

nokia5180iex5.jpg

I am in desperate need of an update :sigh:

Last edited:
I dont like how the rates are different depending on how many minutes you buy, and you have to keep buying minutes to keep the service and texts are half a "unit" and the phones they have are outdated like mine

I really don't like tracfone :madspit:

Ok so i got the new phone today! Just set up the minute plan, and honestly it was pretty confusing. The phone looks great and has some cool features. But at the moment though, I'm mind boggeled by it. Maybe that's just cos it's new and I don't know how to use it. There's so many menu options and settings compared to Tracfone that I'm pretty lost. Tracfone for the most part was user friendly when it came to texting and making calls. Texting itself works well on this phone but due to the layout of the keypad compared to that of tracfone I keep getting confused and hitting the send key when i really want to backspace. Embarrassing indeed lol. So, here's how I rank it for just the few hours I've had it so far.

Look/Style - A+
Although the navigation keys- Could be bigger

Setup Process- B+ Website could've been clearer on payment options. However once past that, it's a breeze.

Battery Charging- Took almost 3 hours to complete.

Texting - B+ or A-. I like the ease you have with writing on this phone, however, if you get confused like i do, you may hit a few wrong keys and send when you don't want to.

Graphics- B+. Not overly impressed with the Menu graphics or screensavers. But from what I hear those things can be changed. It reminds me of how old computer graphics used to look.

I'm about 60/50 at the moment compared to Tracfone. Love the look of this phone. But for someone's that's not used to all the features, it's a bit of an overload, and I find myself missing the simplicity of the other. I'm sure all this will probably change once I have it a few days and have it all figured out, I'll probably love it. But as of now, I'll be hanging onto my Tracfone just in case :)

Last edited:
Lol I was tired last night when I wrote that so I was probably a little harsh. I actually really like the phone a lot now that I've familiarized myself with it a bit. And the minute rate plans are great on the site too. It's well worth checking out if you're due for a change! I upgrade all ratings on my cranky review to an A+ lol. It just takes some time to adjust to all the features, as it would with any phone.

Oh wow thanks for all this feedback! My year of service with tracfone is up in a week so this looks like a pretty good plan to me. And I'm dying for a new phone, espcially one with a color screen :drool: :lol:

Cool! Let me know what ya choose! I feel bad about that first review I wrote, I actually really love the phone! One cool feature that I discovered yesterday is that you can send text messages as email! It definitely has a lot of handy features on it, as do all of their phones from the looks of it. Good luck with whichever company and phone you decide on! And have a good funeral for your Tracfone :lol:

Back
Top Bottom