iPod vs new computer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gluey

Blue Crack Addict
Ok :reject: My old PC blew up and died a miserable death. My iPod Nano was synced to it, and I'd copied a lot of my cd's and put them on it, along with purchases from itunes. Now I've just plugged it into my new laptop and it says that if I Sync it, I will lose everything on the ipod :yikes:
So what happens if I purchase more downloads or copy more cd's and want to sync them to my iPod, do I have to lose everything on it and start again or is there a trick to it?

so confuzzled.....:(

Don't synch it. Put the new songs on it manually! When the ipod is connected, it appears in itunes no? Well, go to the music in the library, click on the song you wantt o put on your ipod and drag it with the mouse to the folder music of the ipod. It'll copy it.

^ What she said! :wink:

Better to be sure what to do than lose all your songs!

I've actually never synched my ipod to a pc, because I had more songs in itunes than on my ipod, even songs I don't listen to and I don't want all that junk on it.

BTW, you may be able to save your old music if its on the old HD and its not dead.

My brother got my old HD data by taking it out and putting it in another 'puter. The exact details Im not sure of, but maybe you could ask at a computer shop.

Back
Top Bottom