iPod question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
I've ordered all of my songs on iTunes to the real tracklisting, and even removed the whole "album 1 out 1" thing so that they all line up perfectly on iTunes. I've also connected my iPod to my computer after I made these changes.

But when I go to listen to a full album on my iPod, the songs are out of order.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

LemonMacPhisto said:
I've ordered all of my songs on iTunes to the real tracklisting, and even removed the whole "album 1 out 1" thing so that they all line up perfectly on iTunes. I've also connected my iPod to my computer after I made these changes.

But when I go to listen to a full album on my iPod, the songs are out of order.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Lemon,
When you had your ipod sync'd up with itunes/computer. Did you check the song/track listing within what is on your ipod. For instance, when I sync up my ipod to itunes, a icon pops up and says "Amy's ipod" and under that is everything that i have on my ipod. Did you go in there and check to see if the songs are in order or not? You can rearrange stuff and remove stuff.

Don't go by the "Artist" category or the Library. Make a SmartPlaylist called U2. Then go in an arrange the ones that are out of order.

For some reason, when I download tracks or add MP3s, my U2 songs get out of order, too. The only way to keep them the way I want them is to go the SmartPlaylist route and do it manually.

Thanks everyone, but I can't re-order my songs when the iPod is sync'd for some reason - it's all grayed out and shit.

Plus, everything is in perfect order there

:huh:

martha said:
What is the difference between a playlist and a Smart Playlist anyway?

A playlist you make up yourself. A smart playlist you make up criteria and it can update itself to add new songs that fit the criteria. :wink:

Doozer61 said:
one went to school?? :lol:

LOL!

I seem to have an easier time with SmartPlaylists than just going by the "Artist" category -- my "Artist" for U2 doesn't list the collaborations, they come up separately as U2 and BB King, U2 and Johnny Cash, etc. But my U2 SmartPlaylist has everything.

After you update your iPod, try ejecting it by clocking on it, instead of just pulling out the cable. Sometimes that brings back what's grayed out without having to reboot.

when i added "elevation in boston" audio to my ipod once, it was all correct

this time when i added it (new ipod) all the tracks are right except BD and UTEOTW is the wrong way round, i looked at the track numbering and the numbers are right (track number/cd number/date etc etc)

yet its still the wrong way round, why?

I figured it out!

you have "artist" and "album artist" on your song info.

they all have to be on the same one (either no album artist, or the same album artist) for the tracks to stay in sequential order.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I figured it out!

you have "artist" and "album artist" on your song info.

they all have to be on the same one (either no album artist, or the same album artist) for the tracks to stay in sequential order.

OH yeah!! :nerd: :yes:

***SMACKS HEAD***

Duh!!! I know that... didn't even register at the time.

Congrats on figuring it out! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom