iPod Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serena Vox

ONE love, blood, life
I know, I know, another iPod question when there's millions of them.
I still haven't found an answer to this yet, though.

I have a 4GB iPod Nano and it was working fine until recently.
I plug up my iPod every time I want to charge it and update my things on it, regularly. It's about every 3 nights or so that I'll plug it in to let it charge before I go to bed. Well, that Do Not Disconnect screen that comes up on the iPod itself, will sometimes get stuck there.

My updates will finish, but that screen will still be flashing and I can't get it to stop so I can unhook it. I try to eject the iPod from my computer like a friend of mine told me to do to make that go away and no luck whatsoever with it any time I have tried it. It will tell me that it cannot be ejected because another program is using the files on it, even though there isn't any such thing going on at the time. I'm not real sure what's making it do this. It wasn't happening until a month ago.

If anyone's got a solution, I'd be grateful, it's driving me up the wall.

Hilariously enough, my iPod does the same thing, unless I eject it from iTunes. If I try to eject from the desktop, it says files are in use.

I try to eject from iTunes itself, not the desktop and it still does that.

It's not every single time I charge my iPod either. It's only about 1/10 times or so, but still annoying enough 'cause I have to mess around with the stuff in iTunes and try to see if the menu on my iPod will pop up long enough for me to unplug it and sometimes it takes an hour or more.

Serena Vox said:
I try to eject from iTunes itself, not the desktop and it still does that.

It's not every single time I charge my iPod either. It's only about 1/10 times or so, but still annoying enough 'cause I have to mess around with the stuff in iTunes and try to see if the menu on my iPod will pop up long enough for me to unplug it and sometimes it takes an hour or more.

Have you tried shutting down your computer when that happens? That will at least bring your ipod back to the menu screen without having to wait an "hour or more".

Not sure what the underlying problem is though.

Back
Top Bottom