ipod doesnt like u2 albums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craigp

War Child
S. Yorks, UK (In the Shadows & Tall Trees)
i have a ipod mini 1st gen (latest software) and the latest itunes. i tend to auto sync my music but since i upgraded my itunes to 7, some of my albums havent been in the right order on the ipod, namely achtung baby and war.

eg achtung goes
zoostation
one
uteotw
fly
tttyaatw
uv
acrobat
ebttrt
wgrywh
so cruel
mw
lib

yet they appear in the right order on itunes when its plugged in :huh:

not a major problem but does anyone have any ideas???

That exact thing happened to me on JT for several days recently - I actually think it might be the new itunes doing its whole "refreshing the library" thing every 3 seconds. It was SOOOOO annoying, I bet you understand - I was about ready to make a playlist of JT in the right order. What I ended up doing was switching the iPod to mannual update, deleting all my u2 off the ipod (another problem it had at the same time was that it listed my 5 gigs of u2 3 times in the "artists" entry, and every one of these had the wrong JT!). Then I switched it back to auto update and waited an hour while it added my music back on and it's been fixed ever since.

Except I just noticed today - I have a playlist called U2 albums that is supposed to be the 14 albums in order of release date so I can find a song easily for an on-the-go, listen to just-album music on random instead of all my U2 (which gives me random stuff like Bono saying "wow, wow, wow"). Anyway today I went to make a playlist and the damn thing was all scrambled with no particular logic - I couldn't tell by the order whether I was getting the UABRS SBS or the original... so maybe I'll have to try my remedy again. It'll get pretty annoying if I have to reload all my u2 every few days though.

Oh and for all I know the iPod is doing it to other random albums - I've got 20 gigs on there and I mostly listen to u2 anyway. :wink: Plus I'm less likely to know another band's track listing instinctively.

Back
Top Bottom