Ipod deaths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

junkydog

The Fly
It seems that quite a few of you Ipod owners are experiencing the same thing as I recently did: the death of the device shortly after the warranty expires..

I'm not usually one for conspiracies, but if you have had this happen, can you describe what exactly happened?

Mine simply displays the apple logo onscreen and fails to charge or respond to anything - not even resetting or restoring... my computer wont even recognise it...

:madspit: Apple

...lemme add too that I enquired about sending it in to get it repaired..

"No worries" they said "it'll cost $300"

!!! WTF!!! Thats nearly what I paid for it new!

They can get stuffed.... dickheads

Most iPods are like portable hard drives and hard drives are made with an actual disk, moving parts. They're not really expected or supposed to last more than two years. Companies won't make them better because they want to you upgrade every few years. It's no surprise to me how often iPods die shortly after the warranty, assuming that the warranties are available to cover the expected life of the drive.

Mine died about a week after we had finished mourning the death of my daughter's pod. I will be shopping around for a different brand.

I had an ipod nano and it broke after about a month, so apple sent me an ipod photo. And then that broke not long after i got it, so ipod sent me another ipod nano, which stopped working after a few days. I gave up and got a refund, and bought a u2 photo ipod off amazon. I've had it for a year now and no problems! :wink:

I have had so many dead Ipods I couldn't even tell you, but it wasn't after the warranty expired so the new ones were all free for me...My last one that died was dead after warranty, so I went to the Ipod store, and the guy (that has been giving me the Ipods) reconized me and he just gave me a free one...I dont know how my Ipod breaks but I do know that when they do break it has an empty folder sign, which means all of my songs had just disapeared and won't come back.. Each of the times they broke I was so mad:mad: ..My new ipod (knock on wood) has been fine for about 8 months now..

I have a Shuffle that I got free from work, and after using it only twice it died. I thought the battery was dead so I tried to charge it but the software won't recognize it. I went to the help page and it seems this is a major problem with the Shuffle. I don't know when my employer actually purchased them so I have to call and see if it is still covered ( I got it about 10 months ago and it took me about 7 months to actually take it out of the box). I know that even if it is covered I will still have to pay the shipping. I'm glad I didn't pay for it, and it has really turned me off buying one myself.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Most iPods are like portable hard drives and hard drives are made with an actual disk, moving parts.

Yeah, so make sure you don't run/exercise with your iPod if it's 20GB or higher. Flash ones (minis, nanos) are okay. That can lead to premature expiration...:wink:

I've had my U2 20GB for a year and a quarter & it's doing fine so far....

I had maybe one problem with my iPod, loss of power while updating the firmware. That is death for almost any device.

Anyway I smacked it firmly against my hand sideways and it worked fine after that.

Canadiens1160 said:
I had maybe one problem with my iPod, loss of power while updating the firmware. That is death for almost any device.

Anyway I smacked it firmly against my hand sideways and it worked fine after that.

:hmm: Maybe i should of done that with my numerous Ipods...

I have tried that kit before and I killed my ipod. hahaha So I bought a ipod video after.

I posted this in one of my online journals before.

ripiod.jpg

It was so sad. I played Mozart's Requiem in my mind because I couldn't listen to it on my iPod.

Utoo said:
I've had my U2 20GB for a year and a quarter & it's doing fine so far....

You're lucky :grumpy:. Mine's the same age but I've had loads of problems with it since June. I can't skip tracks after 3 minutes of use. Every function on the scroll wheel acts as if it's middle clicking instead of what it really should be doing. I've done 3 system restores and the same problems cropped up after a couple of minutes. Uploading music is a coin toss. If I get lucky and songs do want to upload they usually end up prematurely ending. Oh, and on rare occasions the songs contain snippets of another song before it cuts off.

My iPod is possessed :sad::sad::sad:

GibsonGirl said:
I posted this in one of my online journals before.

ripiod.jpg

It was so sad. I played Mozart's Requiem in my mind because I couldn't listen to it on my iPod.
Honestly I'd get a 60-dollar Mp3 player stick-thing that you can throw 3 or 4 albums on for a bus trip. That way it's not a big deal if it's lost, but you still get the please of your favs.

Back
Top Bottom