iPod appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I haven´t seen a thread about appreciating the magic and true genius that iPods are.

I don´t know where I would be without my iPod. It´s the only way I listen to music anymore. In the car I have the cassette adapter and when in my room I use the Bose Sounddock. I couldn´t possibly go to the gym without it.

How did we ever survive without these wonderful little devices? :tsk:

:up: They don't deserve as much flack as they get, really. Even Apple's cooperation in replacing my iPod went above and beyond what I expected. Three times. :drool:

My iPod has saved my life, I'm sure. Without it, I would have never gotten really interested in music. I was a casual CD buyer. Now I'm obsessive to buy it, import it to my iPod and give it a listen with speakers. :hyper:

Yay iPod!

I :heart: my iPod! It's so much more convenient to have my entire music collection with me at all times. I've also had to have it replaced by Apple, but they were very cooperative and I've had no trouble since...knock on wood :D

They are fabulous. I've had my iPod for almost 2 years, and I have had no problems with it. :yes: All of my music, anywhere, anytime. :drool:

I agree with you all - having EVERY SINGLE song I own at my fingertips is so awesome! :drool: No more having to carry around cases with CD's every time I travel. Just a small little device, and anything I want to listen to is there!

I've had my iPod for almost a year, and there have been a few minor problems here and there, but nothing major, and that I wasn't able to correct within a short period of time.

I :heart: my iPod!! (I even named it! :reject: )

The ipod concept is great. However, they seem to have an unusually high failure rate. My sister's and mine are acting up in different ways. We see a lot of people around here with ipod problems as well.

Yeah, I carry mine all the time.

Btw, get ready for the announcement of a new iPod in the next few days.

I usually have a 15 minute walk from my car to the buildings I need to go to on campus, and I love my iPod most then. It's also made traveling so much easier, since I don't have to lug a big case of CDs along, and it's great for the gym.

Now if I could only get my car adapter to work... (which is my car's fault, not the iPod's)

I have an iTrip, and it's SO hit or miss. Very frustrating, but I only spent about $25 on it, so no huge deal. I'd love to get a built-in adapter put into my dashboard, so I can just plug in the Pod and go.

I've had my U2 iPod for almost two years, with no problems. The battery seems to be wearing out, but it went for about 5 hours recently and that made me very happy.

Plus, it's still extra shiny and pretty because it's rarely out of its leather case.

I HEART MY IPOD!!!!

corianderstem said:
Plus, it's still extra shiny and pretty because it's rarely out of its leather case.

I took my dog for a walk, and she pulled me down. My iPod went flying and went skittering down the sidewalk. :( Thankfully, it was in a leather case that helped protect it, but part of it was exposed. There's a bit of a gouge in one of the corners...but I was just so excited that it still worked!

I actually was hurt so badly that I couldn't get up. I was clinging to the dog's leash, facedown on the sidewalk, bleeding and crying. A police officer and fireman happened to be driving by, so they stopped to help me.

Officer: Are you okay??

Me: Where's my iPod??

Officer: Are YOU okay???

Me: Where's my iPod????????

They seemed kind of annoyed that I was so concerned about my iPod. :reject:

iTrip :mad: It would make so much more sense if it automatically searched for a new station when you're traveling. It's pretty much useless unless I'm driving around town.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
iTrip :mad: It would make so much more sense if it automatically searched for a new station when you're traveling. It's pretty much useless unless I'm driving around town.

My dad and I drove about 500 miles, and we used my iTrip the entire time with one station without any problems. I'm not always that fortunate though. :laugh: Overall though, it actually works better than I thought it would, as I read a lot of bad reviews.

When it works, iTrip is great. However, I can only get it to sync up with a radio station about 50% of the time. Usually I end up saying "Screw it" and giving up.

SO. FRUSTRATING.

Back
Top Bottom